Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

DK or Sorcerer

Laorex
Laorex
Soul Shriven
Hey,
I just started with teso and am lvl 30 with my dk now. The problem is: I'm not sure if it's the right class for me. I also like the sorcerer as I normally play range-dds. I also like classes which are powerful and have a lot of mobility. My question is which class is better for me at the endgame. Because I don't want to lvl my dk up to vr14 before I notice that it is not my class.
Some more informations:
I like to play pve but pvp is also funny for me in teso and I want to play it at max lvl
I won't do much raids at endgame because I have not that much time so play
I play mainly dd but like tank and healer as well

I hope you got a few tips for me, I'm happy for every experience you share with me and I'm sorry for my bad english, is not my native language
  • Laorex
    Laorex
    Soul Shriven
    Oh and I would not like to play sorcerer with pets as source of dmg, could I play him without getting the whole dps by the pets? Because nearly every sorc I saw fighted with pets.
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't you create another character, play one as DK one as Sorc. The Twilight matriarch for me has been invaluable, it also has an ability to heal me. I would not completely rule out the idea of using a summoned aid.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Laorex
    Laorex
    Soul Shriven
    Does it not take to much time to play 2 chars at once?
    I don't want to not use pets, I just don't want a build that is all about pets. But this problem is resolved, I found a build that doesn't need the pets too much and I hope it will work :)
    But the question still is if I should play sorc or dk :/
    It would be great if I could get some opinions which class does more fun at endgame and which finds groups easier. And I would like to know if it is easier to bring a char to the highest level when you already got one. If it would not be a really big decision.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that playing both a sorc and a DK would be the best way to determine which feels best to you.

ESO isn't really like other MMOs where you choose a class and that locks you into one style of play/role. The class you pick is just a jumping off point. The DK you create could be completely different than the DK I created and they would probably both excel at different things.

Because of the above and the fact that everyone is different, no one can tell you what will be the most fun to play at endgame. I find the Templar to be the most fun to play at endgame, but you might hate it. Neither a sorc nor a dk are really going to be more powerful at endgame or have an easier time finding groups...Certain builds might be more powerful than others, and certain roles might have an easier time finding group (for example, a dk tank is probably going to have easier time finding a group than a dps sorc, just by virtue of being a tank), but your actual class is going to have a lot less to do with it.

Try them both, see what feels the most fun and what you play better. That is the class that should be your main character.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're looking for mobility, you don't want to commit to DK. DK is designed to be a close combat type class. Sorc has plenty of ranged and mobility options, actually the best mobility in the game.

rip decibel
  • Laorex
    Laorex
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for your answers, I think I will bring a sorc to lvl 30 and choose then. Maybe I'll notice that sorc doesn't make as much fun as I thought while doing this. If not I'll choose the class that feels better. I hope none of them will get nerfed in the coming patches.