Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Weird question

l_Neal_l18l_l
How can you best warn other players about scammers without violating the code of conduct? I send in tickets and they do nothing and it's so bad on Xbox you can't go one night without running into some guy every night scamming people taking their money. I mean on Xbox everytime I go into mourn hold I hear someone yelling this "dude" took my money!! what can be done to warn people about this rampant problem. My suggestion is if they find suffecient evidence they should mark their gamer tag in game so people know this person is under suspicion and should be careful trading with them. Any thoughts on this?

(Most times scamming is done by offering an item for lets say 5k they put the item in the trade slot and ready up then you put in 5k right as you are bringin your finger down they remove the item and you hit ready up THEY ready up and then the trade goes through. Boom you lost your money)
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best way if you want to buy something from another person is to use CoD (Cash on delivery) mail or whack the thing for sale on a guild trader. I think that's what you should be promoting
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    "CoD"??
    Is that an actual in game system or is it merely an Honor system thing?
    "I'm not paying you untill I see my goods" sorta thing..
    If the latter I can see that getting abused aswel
    Edited by Noomfy-Mop on August 22, 2015 4:02AM
    This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noomfy-Mop wrote: »
    "CoD"??
    Is that an actual in game system or is it merely an Honor system thing?
    "I'm not paying you untill I see my goods" sorta thing..
    If the latter I can see that getting abused aswel

It's an option when you send someone an item in the mail
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Observe!

vRQHBvn.png
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    Yeah I thought it'd have to be otherwise there'd be a ton of rip off threads involving CoD.
    Haven't done any selling yet so wouldn't know.

That's not PC only is it?
    This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    It shouldn't be...CoD just means Cash-on-Delivery. So once the recipient of the email takes the item you send, the game automatically sends you their money (or vice versa). It's probably the safest way to trade in ESO.
  • Lordklinger
    It's on xbox too. That is the only way I will buy something from randoms.
  • l_Neal_l18l_l
    Problem Is cash on delivery has a heavy tax (as far as I know of on xbox) plus on Xbox the mail system is broke where it always says no person with that gamer tag found