Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Weapon Glitch

Zephyr01
Zephyr01
✭✭
I asked about this in the Support Forum but received no answer so I thought I'd try here.

I enter combat but my weapon won't do anything. It's equipped but won't attack; Light, Heavy or Skill. My character grunts and tries to swing the weapon but nothing happens. I can't sheath the weapon or change to another weapon. Naturally I have to wait until my character dies - I can't run away and even if I do I can't sheath the weapon.

This used to happen a couple of times a week but now it's happening 4 or 5 times per gaming session - 4 or so hours. What's wrong? And what can I do to fix it? I've given up 'wasting' a Soul Gem to respawn and I'm annoyed at having to spend money repairing armour that losses it's strength from something that's not my fault.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's lag that causes, check your connection

Lastly you don't get dsmage armour by taking damage, your armour loses ststs proportionate to the XP you earn
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    Connection seems fine. I mean I can do everything else; move, open map, open inventory, take a potion, etc, etc. I just cannot attack.

I'm sure you loose something like 10% of armour durability when you die as well as when you're hit in combat. I didn't know armour durability/damage was linked to XP. I'll check that out.
    Edited by Zephyr01 on August 19, 2015 2:54AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ffs this happened to me yesterday. VR3 running past some level 27 bandits. I lol'd heroically, got out my daggers and just stood there like an idiot while they pummelled me. While trying to run away I kept getting stuck in logs and rooted. I eventually got rekt and sat there shaking in rage for several minutes. This isn't the first time it has happened, but I can usually run away.
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    ffs this happened to me yesterday. VR3 running past some level 27 bandits. I lol'd heroically, got out my daggers and just stood there like an idiot while they pummelled me. While trying to run away I kept getting stuck in logs and rooted. I eventually got rekt and sat there shaking in rage for several minutes. This isn't the first time it has happened, but I can usually run away.

I usually can't outrun an enemy, or 3, with my weapon drawn and them stabbing me or snaring me. It happens so often that I just stand there now and wait to die *shrug*.

And, yes, I got angry about it for the few couple of weeks too, now I realise it's just part of the game. But yeah, when it happens 2 or 3 times within a few minutes I find my anger rising.

A friend of mine also has a weapon glitch, but his weapons completely disappear, lol. He enters combat then suddenly his hands are empty, even though the inventory has them as being equipped. Weird.
    Edited by Zephyr01 on August 19, 2015 5:10AM
  • Mandrel8
    Mandrel8
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Zephyr - check out the thread entitled 'can you be rendered unable to attack?' I had similar problems and I posted the advice that I was given to de-bug. Hope it helps. I feel your pain. Drove me bananas for a while there.
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that info Mandrel, I'll check it out right now.
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Zephyr01 wrote: »
    Thanks for that info Mandrel, I'll check it out right now.

Its server dysinc lag
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    It's a damned looooong lag, if that's what it is. :-/