The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bank space

Loomis
Loomis
✭✭✭
I'd pay for bank space instead of spending in game money for it... I don't think that gives any advantage
“There is no pain greater than this; not the cut of a jagged-edged dagger nor the fire of a dragon’s breath. Nothing burns in your heart like the emptiness of losing something, someone, before you truly have learned of its value. Often now I lift my cup in a futile toast, an apology to ears that cannot hear.”
-Drizzt

Semper Fi
  • thunderwell
    thunderwell
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see why not, either.
    If I want it later, I'll get it later.
    If.
    NA, PC Megaserver
    Zhaani, Female Khajiit, Nightblade, AD (current main)
    (Unless otherwise put in my sig, all characters are below level 50)
  • HKmongoose
    Bank space is a killer, I wish my characters didnt share a bank, would be nice if your chatters had maybe there own bank and a account bank that you could share between your alts. So basically every alt has there own bank space and then there's another bank slot that says account bank.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loomis wrote: »
    I'd pay for bank space instead of spending in game money for it... I don't think that gives any advantage

Aside from that you effectively buy several tens of thousands of gold, there is nothing P2W on it.
  • Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

Aside from that you effectively buy several tens of thousands of gold, there is nothing P2W on it.

How does buying bank space even relate to buying tens of thousands of gold? Just because currently it costs gold to buy doesn't mean that not spending gold counts as 'buying' the gold you just saved. it just means you didn't have to spend it.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skcarkden wrote: »

How does buying bank space even relate to buying tens of thousands of gold? Just because currently it costs gold to buy doesn't mean that not spending gold counts as 'buying' the gold you just saved. it just means you didn't have to spend it.

It does count; the whole point of paying with dollars is to end up with more gold, not to end up with more bank space, since bank space upgrades are more or less mandatory expenses everyone has to make. People who will pay with dollars will end up with bank space + thousands of gold, people who will not pay will end up with bank space without thousands of gold. It is equivalent to flat out gold purchase that can be done just one time only.
    However, and there it begins to be ridiculous, ZOS currently runs so many of these little cash to gold conversion (mounts, repairs, potions etc.) schemes that even though some are one time and some recurring but still capped at that one can not buy more gold than sum of certain expenses, these limitations are irrelevant.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on August 1, 2015 1:43PM
  • Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭
    So then tell me, what if someone doesn't have any gold at all when they bought bank space (hypothetically if it was an option) ? Just because you didn't have to spend gold doesn't mean you just bought gold. And this wouldn't even be an argument if it was always both options from the start, or could only be bought with money.

There's nothing P2W about buying bankspace with money, it's purely just a convenience and there's nothing wrong with that.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So then tell me, what if someone doesn't have any gold at all when they bought bank space (hypothetically if it was an option) ? Just because you didn't have to spend gold doesn't mean you just bought gold. And this wouldn't even be an argument if it was always both options from the start, or could only be bought with money.

There's nothing P2W about buying bankspace with money, it's purely just a convenience and there's nothing wrong with that.

You can think of it as though ZOS had "50K gold pack, but you have to buy bank space with it" in the crown store. That would be a limitation, but irrelevant, because everyone would eventually earn 50K gold and everyone would have to upgrade their bank space. At the end of the day, they would have 50K gold more compared to people who did not buy the gold pack.
    And as a bonus they would get 50K worth of bank upgrades even before earning any gold whatsoever.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on August 2, 2015 12:36PM
  • HotToddy
    HotToddy
    ✭✭
    I totally vote for this - I've been asking for extra bank space for some time now. I'd like to have a choice between being able to buy bank space for the account or additional inventory space for my individual characters (like you already can do in-game using in-game gold. I just want to use crowns!).

To be honest, the crown store rarely has anything but the occasional mount that I purchase. Using my stipend of crowns on bank space would be a worthy (and not game breaking) addition to the store.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't agree more - we really need this option.

Honestly, I'm surprised that experience scrolls came out first; those seem much more P2W than the ability to buy bank slots with crowns(although I'm still very appreciative).
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭

You can think of it as though ZOS had "50K gold pack, but you have to buy bank space with it" in the crown store. That would be a limitation, but irrelevant, because everyone would eventually earn 50K gold and everyone would have to upgrade their bank space. At the end of the day, they would have 50K gold more compared to people who did not buy the gold pack.
    And as a bonus they would get 50K worth of bank upgrades even before earning any gold whatsoever.

So basically... You're saying ZoS are gold sellers without the gold? buying bank space is using gold, buying a mount is using gold (from the crown store) buying costumes is gold, basically, you're saying the entire crown store is buying gold and as a result you're against it?

Even though, you're ignoring soul gems in the store already, motif books/packs in the store, potions in the store, foods and drinks in the store, you're going to single out only one thing - Being able to buy bank space - as the one thing that's "buying gold" when there is literally no gold involved. You can not buy what isn't involved, you can not use what is not involved as an excuse to exclude it, especially when there are other examples that fit your form of logic that you're willing to ignore only to protest one thing that harms no one. Also, in a game where it's buy once play forever, how else can they make money if not selling something people would want? It's not a new thing for an MMO to sell bank space or boosters, but it is original that someone would compare it to buying gold and being P2W.
  • Pizza_Magician
    I'd actually pay for a better bank interface.
  • Grapedragon
    I agree that we need more bank space, but paying with real money? Not sure about that...

I'd be happy if bank upgrades weren't so expensive :/
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So basically... You're saying ZoS are gold sellers without the gold? buying bank space is using gold, buying a mount is using gold (from the crown store) buying costumes is gold, basically, you're saying the entire crown store is buying gold and as a result you're against it?

Tthere might be items that are not instances of cash to gold conversion, because they can neither be bought nor evaluated in gold by time it takes to get them (vs. gold that could be farmed in that time), because they simply must be paid for in dollars. Which also makes them blatantly P2W.
    Even though, you're ignoring soul gems in the store already, motif books/packs in the store, potions in the store, foods and drinks in the store, you're going to single out only one thing - Being able to buy bank space - as the one thing that's "buying gold" when there is literally no gold involved. You can not buy what isn't involved, you can not use what is not involved as an excuse to exclude it, especially when there are other examples that fit your form of logic that you're willing to ignore only to protest one thing that harms no one.

The thread was about bank space, so I commented on bank space. I assure you if I came in ranting about soul gems being P2W, I would be moderated.
    Besides I did say ZOS runs multiple cash to gold conversion schemes, not just the bank space scheme.
    Also, in a game where it's buy once play forever, how else can they make money if not selling something people would want? It's not a new thing for an MMO to sell bank space or boosters, but it is original that someone would compare it to buying gold and being P2W.

And that would be my ulterior point; with business model they switched to, they can not make money without making the game P2W, even if they were candid (lol, nevermind).
    If I am being original, it means we have truly hit rock bottom of P2W abyss. On the flip side, from now on, we can only go up to better tomorrows.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on August 3, 2015 6:55PM
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Id pay for bank space over and above the current max in game now but most of these crown store offers the vast majority of us already got through regular play over the last year...
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Devlin69
    Devlin69
    ✭✭✭
    Well I don't bother with crafting AT ALL because of the lack of bank space & the inability to mail stuff to my other toons on the same account.

I got so frustrated with swapping items out of the bank to make space and creating toons JUST FOR THE BAG SPACE.

So I dumped it all :disappointed:

I have the max bank space AND my main toons have max bag space INCLUDING horse bags.

AND IT STILL WASNT ENOUGH!

So now I collect the raw mats and just sell it in trade guilds and let someone else have the hassle. I just use the gold I make from the mats to buy from others what I need.

All other mmos I've played I have always been a keen crafter.... but not here, too frustrating.

So in summary the lack of bank space has effectively shortened the lifespan of the game for me and I will move on to another game that bit sooner.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have woodworking, blacksmithing, clothing and enchanting maxed. I manage with 130 bank space and 130 bag space.

When I was levelling, I just kept my level and one below. You don't need every mat at once
  • Legendary2150
    Legendary2150
    ✭✭
    +1 Good Idea
    The bank space is really expensive
  • Devlin69
    Devlin69
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I have woodworking, blacksmithing, clothing and enchanting maxed. I manage with 130 bank space and 130 bag space.

When I was levelling, I just kept my level and one below. You don't need every mat at once

Yep that is a good idea, the point I am making is that the lack of space put me off crafting and that can only be a bad thing for all of us. Surely I'm not the only one who thought, sod that for a frustrating experience!

The longer people stay and ultimately pay (crowns or sub) is good for us all.
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy if bank space was buyable with crowns so long as it wasn't extra on top of what you can buy with gold.
    I wouldn't buy it myself but not everyone has as much time to play as me.
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I have all the crafting skill lines maxed and I have all the materials I need for every crafting type and I easily manage to do with 200 bank space and 170 bag space... I guess you guys have to stop hoarding useless stuff :^)
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • Devlin69
    Devlin69
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, I have all the crafting skill lines maxed and I have all the materials I need for every crafting type and I easily manage to do with 200 bank space and 170 bag space... I guess you guys have to stop hoarding useless stuff :^)

I believe this was part of my problem, I was saving stuff to level up crafting skills at a later date thinking I could do it all at once when I had a stockpile of mats :)

There should be a twitch TV show on ESO hoarders!
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fairly certain it was already mentioned/suggested, but:

Split Bank Space for all characters, while having a "Shared" tab for account wide inventory.

Having all my alchemy plants, waters, blacksmithing, clothing, style/trait mats take up all my inventory leaves very little to no room for my alt to bank stuff for later.

I don't run any crafts on my alt, but I gather everything I come across and bank it for my main to refine later. With only have 5 available slots, it make it difficult to do this.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    @JamilaRaj I completely agree with your analysis. It's a unique way of applying some economics to the cash shop model that I don't think many people think about. With that said, I've never found this to be a game where gold really inhibits me. I typically have enough gold for what I need minus the bank spots eventually get onerous. I think there's something to be said for the fact that you should work to build up enough gold to unlock bank spaces. It's always been an achievement point for me in MMO's personally. However, the cash shop is all about spending a little bit of cash to eliminate that patient progression. I think it's inevitable that we'll see bank and bag spots up on the crown store.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • usrevenge
    usrevenge
    ✭✭✭
    i'd be ok with it but other than repairs it's like, the only decent gold sink in the game.