Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

What should I play as?

21jws10
21jws10
✭✭✭
First of all this is going to be a fairly long post, can't be bothered to read it? Hop on over to another post please.
Ok, so basically the predicament is this: I have NO IDEA what I want to play as at this current time, and would like some suggestions or ideas from you guys based on my background information and what I already have.
Background
First of all I play for PvP at the minute, it's great, love it, live it. I'd class myself as a pretty good player overall, I tend to get involved in the actual warfare rather than all the dueling and such that goes around. I am usually in a small group (Ranging from a duo to no more than 5) or on my own. I haven't had the best luck with sorc or templar at the moment, though I think I could take a liking to templar potentially.

In PvP I like to help out as much as possible, be it with the seizing/defending of the keeps itself or protecting people from so called "gankers" the people in my group are fairly inexperienced compared to myself so I feel like I'm babysitting occasionally, this often results on me being left on my own for a lot of the time while they are playing horse ride simulator.

I also play as Imperial only, due to certain things. I have taken a liking to two hander and sword+board at the moment.

Here is what I currently have as all my character slots, I will be listing the class and weapon and some playstyle/additional information.
  1. First of all I have a decommissioned nightblade on another faction (I primarily play DC) who is just a crafting char at the moment, and for testing none class abilities.
  2. DK using a healing staff/SwordNboard, this was made due to assistance of someone on these forums for a PvP support build, a siege engine so to speak.
  3. Stam Sorc, not really playing this one much, though I hear good things about them next patch I'm not too fussed. (Bow/2H)
  4. Nightblade Healer, I've mainly been using this for PvP at the minute, some fun, though as I said, not much of a babysitter, especially when people dont follow my advice (Healing staff)
  5. Experimental Vampire/WW Hunter build, doesn't matter much to be honest, just a build made to upset people.
And that's about it with my current characters.
I've played about with sorc and templar, not had so much luck really.

My playstyle is not as "run and gun" compared to others, I like to survive my encounters, I get involved however I can, so the majority of the time I'm doing something, playing medic and rezzing everyone I can find or sieging myself. I like to support others, though not always with heals.

That's about it for the background info, so basically if you didn't catch on before, I plan to make a new character, and I have no idea of what class nor weapon, and need a few opinions on the matter.

Any further questions? Feel free to ask below.
PS4 | EU | falout565 | Looking for PvP group, messsage me, BWB
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    I also don't like spamming abilities, pressing the same button over and over can be a bit of a turn off for me.
    PS4 | EU | falout565 | Looking for PvP group, messsage me, BWB
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars can be played well spamming only one skill, but that does not mean you really have to do it like that... I generally enjoy playing mine with -not- spamming jabs or fireballs, and alternate with other attacks just to keep me interested...

If you like "run and gun" style, you may be happier with melee characters then long range archers or casters. Possibly also medium armor and DPS-ish fast attack play rather then heavy armor for a more "slow and steady" approach, though heavy armor does mesh well with classes that have good selfheals... But every class can be done that way, depending on build and gear choice...

As for support roles, well, templar is good at that kind of stuff, thanks to heals and shields. Dragonknight are a bit more solo slayer themed, though can be fun too in groups. Sorcerors are a bit leaning towards standing back and playing artillery or sending pets into the fray, though stamina melee sorcs are still valid, and supposedly getting better with coming changes, and in cyrodil sorcs can be nasty when using streak and pulsar through enemy ranks. Nightblades are less supportive again, unless they are magica build saphealer, though they are the one class that depends most on mobility...

In the end, it depends on you. It does make sense to try every class, see which suits you best...

Personally I more go with a character concept I find interesting to imagine, and then build the character to match it, giving less tought to it being super-effective. But that's me, I found that if I have a notion of who my characters are, I have more fun playing them instead of they are just a set of abilities. But then, I am more a roleplayer then gamer I guess...
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    21jws10 wrote: »
    I also don't like spamming abilities, pressing the same button over and over can be a bit of a turn off for me.

DK with a healing staff. Hard to kill and a valuable asset to your team