The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pros and Cons of Guild Membership

Necromancer61
Necromancer61
Soul Shriven
Hi guys, I'm new to the Online style of game, but spent far too many hours playing Oblivion and Skyrim. What are the pros and cons of joining a Guild, compared to playing the game in the style of the other Elder Scroll series as a single player?
Edited by Necromancer61 on August 19, 2015 7:42PM
  • EmZee
    EmZee
    Soul Shriven
    There are too many pros too list, and the only con is that there may be a few people whose voices you find really irritating, cant really think of any other cons.
    Getting yourself into a friendly and active guild is the best decision you can make on eso.
    if you havent joined one yet message my GT (EmZee x)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played this game for a few months purely solo. Did not join any guilds, did not even have Chat turned on. I could play the game, but it felt I was missing out on stuff. I did not want to join a guild as I can't make the time commitments and my play is sporadic. Well, I found out, there are guilds full of people just like me, so I joined one. Then I joined a couple of others, now I am in 5 guilds, and only one is a trading guild. Ironically, it is my 3 social guilds that have kiosks and not the trading guild.

Anyway, now I can find people to group with for more difficult content or group content or just for lulz. I can help out others and make things for them, or them for me. Just the other night I was 110 refining operations from getting the last Refining Achievement (its an epic grind to get this one). I had cleared out all the nearby guild stores of raw mats. I sent out a message in zone chat, and soon had all the raw mats I needed. I of course returned the refined mats and tempers I extracted. If I had not been in a guild, it would have not been as nice and easy to finish up that achievement.

You can always drop a guild anytime you want. So, join some, see what the people are like, how the guild feels to you, what the events are, and if they hit you up for donations or raffles or demand you show up for certain things like PvP events. If the guild you join does not mesh with you, drop them and find another. I went through about 9 guilds before I found the 5 I settled on. But, 4 of those were trading guilds and those tend to be fluid.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any pros to being in a guild personally, I've joined and left several since getting the game. Seems to me people send out guild invites just to up their numbers, because, in my experience anyway, once you're in, absolutely nothing happens... in fact, if it wasn't for the "message of the day" some post, I'd literally forget I was a member.
  • EmZee
    EmZee
    Soul Shriven
    i have the opposite issue with my guild at the moment, people have just joined our guild played with us once, and then sit there using our store but never actually interact with other members and theres at least 1/5 that do this .
    in my opinion, there arent really any cons to joining a guild, but being guild leader, then there are a fair few haha.
  • Necromancer61
    Necromancer61
    Soul Shriven
    How does it work when the guild members are scattered throughout the game playing area, as a new player im on the edge of the playing world on an island at the moment, it could take a long time to run/walk from one side of the world to the other.
  • EmZee
    EmZee
    Soul Shriven
    there is an option in the social menu on the guild roster, you can select the player you want and travel to them, it will drop you at the closest wayshrine to that player.