The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Revolutionary Crown Store

pierceoftheender
Hello all!

While exploring a dungeon with me and my several comrades, one of them bestowed the Chefs outfit, and started playing a lute; naturally. From this we began conversing of ideas for the crown store, that actually seem quite brilliant! (Well, to us anyways.) Well, because none of them have forum accounts, they asked me to put one up. Now all these ideas may sound absurd, but I assure you, we thought them out extensively. (Totally.) Now I will quit Chattering and get to the satisfactory part.

IDEA 1
Emotes
Yes, Emotes, ya'know, when you do /dance to get peoples attention? well, there are many emotes in this video game, but me and my comrades wish more implemented. One of the funniest being /sratchbutt. (Yes, /scratchbutt.) And then, a more musical one, we thought, "Why not add more instruments?" We thought of a /Violin, /Harp, /Trumpet, ect... Now yes, some of these may be against lore, but please tell me a giant flaming horse and a frost steed do not also take that place also?

IDEA 2
Name & Appearance change
This has already been widely asked for, and that's an understatement. My Argonian comrade named himself, a very, very stupid name. For privacy reasons, I will not mention it, but lets put it this way, he named his character after himself, with a little added zest... Its pretty much a pre-school nickname type of thing... There is also appearance change, and I must say, id take that as soon as it may come to the crown store, I made my character a Kahjiit, And gave him that awful Dred-Bun. Now, another valid option would be a hairstyle change, which I myself, along with many other, I believe would get.

IDEA 2 1/2
Exclusive Hairstyles
Now, if you didn't know already, while i'm writing this, i'm Internet Talking with one of my comrades. (If I must, It is Skype...) And they said, "Why not if we have a hairstylist, why not have exclusive styles for the Hair Junk bro?" (Exact quoting) So, exclusive styles, pretty self explanatory, exclusive hairstyles would allow you to have hairstyles especially from the crown store!

IDEA 3
Backpack and Bank Space
Okay, wait, so you can buy Inventory slots for your horse? but not your character? This did not make very much sense to us. So we thought of Bank and Backpack Space! extremely simplistic in idea, of course, though, we are not to be the ones to decide how that system works, increase amount of crowns every time you level it up? or what? or is it to complicated that way? let me hear some ideas on this.

IDEA 4
Housing
I remember the time when I first got ESO nearly two years ago, hoping there would be some sort of housing. Now, I know this idea goes against everything about an MMO, but, i believe it would be quite an easy system. (It doesn't have to even be in Crowns.) Now, the reason I believe this would be an easy system is because of the way Solo Dungeons such as the Harbourage are set up. Solo player; and that's it. (Even though I would not mind being able to invite my group to my house if I had one... *Sadly, I am Homeless :neutral: *) My comrades response: "Every NPC gets a house but me?!?!?! I FREAKING STOPPED MOLAG BAL!!!!"

EXTRA IDEA
Weapon & Costume Dyes
I cant remember the last time I had a red sword, and completely blue and black armor... Now, this doesn't even have to be in the crown store, honestly, I don't understand why it isn't implemented already... Although, I would love to see this in game and quit having to put up with a giant bright red shard of metal. (And ugly Chef costumes. :wink: )

Well, Thats the end of the Ideas! Tell us some of yours! (Would love to hear them!) Point out the flaws in ours, and tell us if they suck or not! (Thanks), and lets get this heap of Dragon dung implemented!

Edited by pierceoftheender on August 21, 2015 4:15AM
A horse walked into a bar. Several people got up and left as they spotted the potential danger in the situation.
  • Tomsy
    Tomsy
    You can increase your bank/backpack space in game for gold. There are NPC's in each factions starting city which allow you to purchase upgrades.
  • pierceoftheender
    @Tomsy
    Yes, I knew of this already, my wording on that isn't the best, I apologize, I was talking specifically for the crown store.
    A horse walked into a bar. Several people got up and left as they spotted the potential danger in the situation.
  • Tomsy
    Tomsy
    ok that makes sense! some good suggestions here. I would like to see name/appearance change in particular.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bag upgrades are already coming to the Crown store. Prolly gonna hit after IC or with IC.
  • pierceoftheender
    @Scyantific They are? thank goodness for that.