Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

whats a hireling and how do i get one?

FreyjaNighthawk
Prob a REALLY dopey question, but I noticed there's such a thing as a hireling and they can go get me runes while I'm offline... So how do I obtain one? Thanks for any help :)
Gamertag - witchvox
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look at the skill trees for the crafts. In most (well, all except Alchemy), there is a passive skill that is called "Hireling" with 1 to 3 points possible to assign.

I suggest putting all three points, if you have some to spare, even if you will not manage to log in every 12 hours to collect the mail. The chance to higher quality deliveries rises also from two points to three points, at least according to my personal experience.

The mechanic of those hirelings is: once you have put the points, 24 (respectively 12) hours later your hireling is ready for delivery. For the delivery to happen, you have to be logged in - you do not get them while staying offline (no vacation stacking, if you don't log in for two weeks you will still only get one delivery after coming back). From then on, the timer starts running the moment you receive the mail in your inbox.
  • FreyjaNighthawk
    Ahhh I see! Thanks so much for such a details explanation!
    Gamertag - witchvox
  • FreyjaNighthawk
    *sets alarm* lol
    Gamertag - witchvox
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're welcome :)