Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Most efficient way of leveling?

Provin915
Provin915
✭✭✭
hello all,

recently i've picked up eso and it's a lot of fun, i've always loved mmo's but i kinda want to get to the endgame quickly. what is the fastest way to level? i'm doing so many quests and they barely give exp, and i've read quite alot about grinding being better than questing; so is it the best or perhaps a combination? i know if i want to get to the endgame fast, i'll lose out on a big chunk of the content but that's okay, i can always re-do those easy quests.

thank you for reading.
  • scubahustle
    scubahustle
    Soul Shriven
    ESO Plus +10%
    Experience Scrolls +50%
    Ring of Mara +10%
  • Shogunami
    Shogunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grinding is at the moment the most effective means of leveling a character, by a very large margin.

I did questing from 1-VR6 and then got fed up. This took me MONTHS. Ended up grinding from VR6 to VR14 in .. two days? three days? I don't even know. I think I used three or four experience potions for VR10+.
    It was fun to level fast, but it was an incredibly boring method. It also made me way more gold than the quests would have.
    Now I have around 70% of Cadwell's Gold left in case I need the xp in the future :)
    -
    "I think Orcs first turned a bear head into food because it looks amazing." -Orzorga.
  • Provin915
    Provin915
    ✭✭✭
    ESO Plus +10%
    Experience Scrolls +50%
    Ring of Mara +10%

how can i get experience scrolls and for that ring, do i need another player or can it be done randomly?

Shogunami wrote: »
    Grinding is at the moment the most effective means of leveling a character, by a very large margin.

I did questing from 1-VR6 and then got fed up. This took me MONTHS. Ended up grinding from VR6 to VR14 in .. two days? three days? I don't even know. I think I used three or four experience potions for VR10+.
    It was fun to level fast, but it was an incredibly boring method. It also made me way more gold than the quests would have.
    Now I have around 70% of Cadwell's Gold left in case I need the xp in the future :)

oh that's really nice, where can i find these experience potions and do they work for lvl 1-50? did you have a specific place to farm for the standard levels (1-50)?

thanks for the insight!
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Provin915 wrote: »

how can i get experience scrolls and for that ring, do i need another player or can it be done randomly?

oh that's really nice, where can i find these experience potions and do they work for lvl 1-50? did you have a specific place to farm for the standard levels (1-50)?

thanks for the insight!

The experience scrolls can be bought in the crown store as can the Ring of Mara. The Ring of Mara does require that you "marry" another player and be grouped with them to get the 10% XP bonus.

The experience potions can be bought from guild traders all across Tamriel or from any provisioner with the recipe (the ingredients for the XP potions are not super easy to get, so they can be expensive).
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on August 20, 2015 5:47PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Google ESO Leveling 1 to 50 and you will find the grind spots. They exist in Silver and Gold zones too.

As for these exp potions, you need to collect a multipart recipe (7 parts) and find Perfect Roe from Fishing (rare drop from filleting the fish) to make it. Or you can buy the potions (about 4K gold on the PC, console will be higher).

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Provin915
    Provin915
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Google ESO Leveling 1 to 50 and you will find the grind spots. They exist in Silver and Gold zones too.

As for these exp potions, you need to collect a multipart recipe (7 parts) and find Perfect Roe from Fishing (rare drop from filleting the fish) to make it. Or you can buy the potions (about 4K gold on the PC, console will be higher).

ah thank you very much i've found a 2015 grinding guide, i was following an old one from 2014 and felt it was obsolete. also thanks for the information regarding the potions!