Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Passive skills, do they boost any skill tree ?

Haradeas
Haradeas
Soul Shriven
I want to boost my armor trees, but is the only way to boost them to wear that specific type of armor ? Is there any passive skill in any tree that boost your skill trees ? Or is it only active skills ? ( and wearing armor for the armor trees )
I couldn't find a good answer on the net ( google, guides, forum ), so hopefully someone here can enlighten me ^^

Thank you in advance !

edit:

to be more clear:

If my light armor lvl is 8, what does boost my light armor level faster to 9 ?

1) all light armor pieces on my character
2) all light armor pieces on my character + points in the passive skills of light armor

I want to know if passive skills in my armor trees give extra experience to level them faster.
Edited by Haradeas on August 20, 2015 3:33PM
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure I understand your question, however I will attempt a answer.

In each armor tree there are skills that benefit that armor. I have not ever seen a skill that is a overall armor bonus no matter what type of armor you are using.

Champion points have the same type of bonuses and they are armor specific. Not over-all armor.

Does this answer your question?
    Edited by Defilted on August 20, 2015 3:25PM
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the armor passives help. The last two in each line offer 5 piece bonuses that are more helpful if you have 5 pieces of the armor weight equipped.

The Champ System has constellations that increase your over all armor effect for that weight of armor if you have 5 pieces equipped.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Haradeas
    Haradeas
    Soul Shriven
    Defilted wrote: »
    I am not sure I understand your question, however I will attempt a answer.

In each armor tree there are skills that benefit that armor. I have not ever seen a skill that is a overall armor bonus no matter what type of armor you are using.

Champion points have the same type of bonuses and they are armor specific. Not over-all armor.

Does this answer your question?

I am sry, I will try to be more clear with an example:

1) all light armor pieces on my character
    2) all light armor pieces on my character + points in the passive skills of light armor

I want to know if passive skills in my armor trees give extra experience to level them faster.

Hope this is more clear ^^
    Edited by Haradeas on August 20, 2015 3:32PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haradeas wrote: »

The more pieces of armor you have on, the faster it levels. However, what you really want to do during leveling is go with a mix of armors so that end game you can change out your build and only respec, not grind up an armor skill which takes forever it seems end game. The goal most people have is to go either 5/2 or 5/1/1 with 5 in their main armor, and the others in a complimentary mix. The 5/1/1 is to take advantage of Undaunted Passives, but not needed if you don't use those. Of course you can use 7/7 if you want, it all depends on your build.

But, until you unlock the 5 piece passives, go with 3/2/2 for most efficient leveling of all the armors. Then go 5/1/1 until you get them all to 50 or close to it.

However, if you really want to crank armor levels, make it with the Training Trait, improve that to Blue and you will be at 50 in your main armor about the time you hit L30/L35 and you will be at 50 in the off armors before you get to L50. Note, you can get there at a decent clip at Green improvement too.

Edited by Nestor on August 20, 2015 5:26PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Haradeas
    Haradeas
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »
    Haradeas wrote: »

The more pieces of armor you have on, the faster it levels. However, what you really want to do during leveling is go with a mix of armors so that end game you can change out your build and only respec, not grind up an armor skill which takes forever it seems end game. The goal most people have is to go either 5/2 or 5/1/1 with 5 in their main armor, and the others in a complimentary mix. The 5/1/1 is to take advantage of Undaunted Passives, but not needed if you don't use those. Of course you can use 7/7 if you want, it all depends on your build.

But, until you unlock the 5 piece passives, go with 3/2/2 for most efficient leveling of all the armors. Then go 5/1/1 until you get them all to 50 or close to it.

However, if you really want to crank armor levels, make it with the Training Trait, improve that to Blue and you will be at 50 in your main armor about the time you hit L30/L35 and you will be at 50 in the off armors before you get to L50. Note, you can get there at a decent clip at Green improvement too.

Thank you, and the passive skills you get with the armors do not add to the experience you get if you add points in them ?
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct. Passives only add a better armor value.
    Edited by Defilted on August 20, 2015 5:59PM
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear