Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Cast Adrift Side Mission

FreyjaNighthawk
Ok, so ive "fixed the aft leak" and the "forward leak", however it wont update the log, effectively stalling the progress of the mission. There is no water leaking from them, ive ran all over the joint looking for something i may have missed. I'm assuming it is a bug. Either way its frustrating. Any ideas? has this happened to anyone else? (i have done the rest of the quest too, i.e get the wheel, and the sun catcher thingy etc)

Also looking for friends to add and play with, i haven't played with people online very much and i think id really enjoy this game with teammates!

(gamertag is Witchvox)
Gamertag - witchvox
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes quests get bugged. Mostly it's not a constant bug and one of the following usually solves it:
    a) area switch
    b) relogging
    c) abandoning the quest and starting it anew

Also. I ran into a quest before where the compass marker showed the objective should be right ahead of me, but i could not see it anywhere. I thought it was bugged out. Turned out it was on a different floor than me. :blush:
    Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
  • FreyjaNighthawk
    haha yes I have discovered the whole "above" and "below" next to the marker, it comes in handy! I'm assuming reclogging is logging in and out of the game? if so I have done that. with no luck. same with the area switch. ive had the same problem for a few days now. How do I abandon the quest to start anew?

Thank you for your reply :)
    Gamertag - witchvox
  • Antubis
    Antubis
    ✭✭
    Go into Quests in your journal; hit the options button (triangle on ps4 I think); select abandon. You will have to find quest giver and get it again.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming reclogging is logging in and out of the game?

A bit more than that. Since the consoles have a local cache that holds some game data, you sometimes have to go and power cycle your box. And, that means unplugging it in most cases, although there is a way to completely power them down through the controller, check your manual for how to do that. A reboot is not enough to clear the cache.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"