Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Leveling problems?

PhantomDarkZ
PhantomDarkZ
Soul Shriven
I made a dark elf when I first received the game (The day it was released for xbox one) and she has been my main character, though I have made other characters to try out. I was leveling pretty decently, but when my girlfriend started playing on her account, she caught up to me crazy fast doing exactly what I was doing but she was just a different race. And now in half the time that I have played on my character she is only two levels below me and is catching up quick. I though maybe it was because of something she was doing, but when I tried one of my other characters, they also leveled up extremely fast. Is there a possible way that my character is glitched and can't gain experience like she is suppose to?
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't think of anything that would slow down leveling on a Dunmer. Have you added an ESO Plus membership since launch and/or are you now receiving scroll bonuses from PvP for your home campaign?
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • PhantomDarkZ
    PhantomDarkZ
    Soul Shriven
    I don't think so. I know I haven't added an ESO Plus membership and I'm pretty sure I haven't played PvP on my newer character. And my girlfriend says she hasn't played any PvP
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think so. I know I haven't added an ESO Plus membership and I'm pretty sure I haven't played PvP on my newer character. And my girlfriend says she hasn't played any PvP

Since you get exp from doing quests and killing mobs, perhaps your GF is killing more mobs as opposed to sneaking past them. My NB was level deficient for that reason as I sneaked past a bunch of stuff early on, until I learned more.

Also, she may have killed more things solo or with one or two others around where she would get more of the credit as opposed to being one of 10 taking down a mob like you might have in the early days of the game. This is probably the main reason for the difference.

And, finally, she might just be a better gamer than you.....
    (OK, kidding, but you know I had to say it o:) )

Edited by Nestor on August 19, 2015 5:47PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"