Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Sorcerer tank help?

iTzStevey
iTzStevey
✭✭✭
So i want to start doing DSA and other PVE content on my sorc but i want to contribute more to a team than just another dps of which their are thousands, is a sorc magicka tank viable? And if so how would i set my skills up, and what hear should i use? Hist bark? And should it be full heavy or 5+2 light?

Thanks in advance for any help :)
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've never played a sorc tank, but I would imagine you would want:

5 heavy + 1 light + 1 medium (undaunted passive bonus = 6% to health/magicka/stamina for wearing 3 types). Reinforced/Nirnhoned for all

1h/s for main bar, with puncture, heroic slash, lightning form of either morph

resto staff for secondary bar to get magicka back to full quickly, don't have to use any resto abilities but I'd probably have healing springs, combat prayer and rapid regen/mutagen for certain situations.

On either bar work in one of the conjured ward morphs + bone shield (undaunted) because damage shields rock.

Hist bark + footman's is probably the go to, but I'm still having a love affair with my seducer set over histbark as a magicka templar tank so maybe you'll find the same as a magicka sorc tank.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="iTzStevey;207028"is a sorc magicka tank viable? And if so how would i set my skills up, and what hear should i use? Hist bark? And should it be full heavy or 5+2 light?

Thanks in advance for any help :)[/quote]

Sorcerer Tank? Just pop Hardened Ward and Boundless Storm and you can be naked and tank. As long as you keep those shields up, you will be OK. Of course some of the bosses in the trials can hit for 20K or so, so you might want HA, but Light could work too. Seducer would be good for 5 of your pieces, then something that both increases regen and reduces spell costs would be good. So, 2 Bands of Syrbane with some Gold Spell Cost reduction glyphs. For now, some Nirn would be good to have too.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Vusn
    Vusn
    I was considering this as well, I found this guide to be helpful
  • NinjaMyk
    NinjaMyk
    ✭✭✭
    My main is a sorcerer tank and you have a lot of options it can be done. Boundless storm is a major increase to defence as well as the speed boost comes In useful. The ward from the daedric summoning tree is great as well as the bound armor. Encase from dark magic and it's morphs are good cc skills that heal you when you hit opponents with it once you have the passive. I also found that having the clanfear on a bar and summoning and de-summoning it quickly for the 33% of max health heal is really useful but not everyone agrees (too slow). The sword and shield tree provides pretty much everything else including your taunt.

Another trick I use is to have my buffs that I'm using and waiting to refresh costing magicka to take advantage of the sorc increase regeneration as it's usually regenerated by time I need to use a buff again which allows me to stack a bit more stamina for skills I'm spamming (puncture for example) and blocking, rolling ect

The final reason I really love sorc for tanking is the power overload super as it regenerates magicka from light and heavy attacks as well as giving you a 3rd skill bar. I have succesfully killed bosses who have wiped my group and have half their life left by spamming power overload light attacks making sure I have magicka to keep shields up and keep summoning de-summoning the clanfear until their dead

I'm not an expert and yet to do vet trials ect but this has served me well so far