Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Questions about Templar skll 'Backlash'/ 'Purifying Light'

HeathenDeacon
HeathenDeacon
✭✭✭
First question: The damage storing 'effect' works for an entire group's damage not just my own, correct?

Second: I'm not toally clear how the damage is calculated. Does it mean that say 10, 000 damage is done in the alotted time that then a 1/3 (33%) of that 10, 000 is the applied damage (as long as it is under the max)?

finally, is it actually "storing" the damage or is that just mean its registering the damage to calculate the burst?

thanks.
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it works for the entire groups damage. The damage it does is capped, which depends on your level and the damage is also mitigated.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'storing damage' or 'registering the damage to calculate'.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First question: The damage storing 'effect' works for an entire group's damage not just my own, correct?

Second: I'm not toally clear how the damage is calculated. Does it mean that say 10, 000 damage is done in the alotted time that then a 1/3 (33%) of that 10, 000 is the applied damage (as long as it is under the max)?

finally, is it actually "storing" the damage or is that just mean its registering the damage to calculate the burst?

thanks.

It just registers the damage done, it does not make the person or AI immune to damage until the cap is reached.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for replies. i think i got it.
    --to be clear though: If the target takes say 30, 000 damage in the alotted time then the skill does approx. 10, 000 (if under cap) correct?

thx
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for replies. i think i got it.
    --to be clear though: If the target takes say 30, 000 damage in the alotted time then the skill does approx. 10, 000 (if under cap) correct?

thx

Technically, in the situation you described, the mob would take 30,000 damage from all sources, then the purifying light would add another 10,000 damage when it fires.

What the numbers are all depend as described above. However this is a skill that you put on your boss bar.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"