Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

[PS4] Stackable items

Cr4p0w3
Cr4p0w3
✭✭
Hello people!

I'm here to ask for your help with an issue that I don't know if it's being working on or not.
In the console version of the game when you put things in the guild bank they do not stack. And even when you pick them back they do not stack in yout inventory as well.

So my questions are:

1) Is there a way to make it stack in the guild bank?
2) Is there a way to stack them in your inventory once you pick it back from the guild bank? (nowadays I'm selling them and buying them back, which is pretty annoying)

Thanks for all in advance!
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) No, you cannot stack items in the Guild Bank.
    2) Yes, just click and drag and drop on to your existing stack.

:wink:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Cr4p0w3
    Cr4p0w3
    ✭✭
    How do I click and drag in the console?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I believe console players stack items in the guild bank by withdrawing them from the guild bank, then putting them in their personal bank, withdrawing them (now stacked appropriately) back into their inventory, and then finally putting them back in the guild bank. It sounds like a huge pain and if you have guild officers, I'd get them to help you.

This is one of the main quality of life issues I'm shocked ZOS hasn't fixed since PC launch. At least we can drag and drop, I pity you guys on console.
  • Cr4p0w3
    Cr4p0w3
    ✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    I believe console players stack items in the guild bank by withdrawing them from the guild bank, then putting them in their personal bank, withdrawing them (now stacked appropriately) back into their inventory, and then finally putting them back in the guild bank. It sounds like a huge pain and if you have guild officers, I'd get them to help you.

This is one of the main quality of life issues I'm shocked ZOS hasn't fixed since PC launch. At least we can drag and drop, I pity you guys on console.

The problem is, when I pick something back from the guild bank and I have the same item in my inventory, it doesn't stack automatically. I stay with 2 stacks in the inventory and I don't know how to stack them up in one pile.

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Cr4p0w3 wrote: »

The problem is, when I pick something back from the guild bank and I have the same item in my inventory, it doesn't stack automatically. I stay with 2 stacks in the inventory and I don't know how to stack them up in one pile.

You have to put them in your personal bank. They will stack there. Then withdraw the now stacked item back to your inventory. Then put it back into the guild bank.
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on August 17, 2015 5:50PM
  • Cr4p0w3
    Cr4p0w3
    ✭✭
    Cr4p0w3 wrote: »

You have to put them in your personal bank. They will stack there. Then withdraw the now stacked item back to your inventory. Then put it back into the guild bank.

Actually I'm selling the stuff and buying it back in the vendors, since in my bank I don't have any room left.

I wish they would put an option to stack in the same menu when you can split it in the console. You can split from the options menu directly in you inventory, but you can't stack directly from you inventory.

But thanks for the help anyway!
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    No problem, like I said it is ridiculous that we all still have to play such an extreme version of the inventory management mini-game. Guild banks not stacking items has been a complaint since PC/Mac launch; it needs to be addressed.

I know it probably has something to do with how items are coded (i.e. they get flagged with the account name of the character who deposited them, probably for tracking purposes in the guild history tab, and therefore don't stack with what is already in the guild bank), but still it has been over a year.
  • Cr4p0w3
    Cr4p0w3
    ✭✭
    No problem, like I said it is ridiculous that we all still have to play such an extreme version of the inventory management mini-game. Guild banks not stacking items has been a complaint since PC/Mac launch; it needs to be addressed.

I know it probably has something to do with how items are coded (i.e. they get flagged with the account name of the character who deposited them, probably for tracking purposes in the guild history tab, and therefore don't stack with what is already in the guild bank), but still it has been over a year.

If we had at least an option to stack them directly in our inventory it would be less painful.

I really hope they fix this in the upcoming expansion