Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

receiving mail with attached items bought from guild stores takes too long

PharmaChief
PharmaChief
✭✭✭
I dont know if this is a bug or intended but some times when i buy items from guild stores, i do not receive them afterwards with in game mail... if i log off and relog right away then i instantly receive them, but without logging off nothing happens. The most i have waited is 5-10 minutes but i dont remember this ever happening in any other MMO's. Its annoying sometimes because i buy items in order to deconstruct them and that means i have to log off/relog between leaving the bank and hitting the forge...
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    Yes thats the only way I can get any mail....
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually instant. At least for me. The notification is not instant but if you check your mail right after you buy the item it should be there. At least thats what I found out when i bought some stuff the last time.
  • PharmaChief
    PharmaChief
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually instant. At least for me. The notification is not instant but if you check your mail right after you buy the item it should be there. At least thats what I found out when i bought some stuff the last time.
    No that doesn't work for me... i do check my mail and nothing comes... then i log off, come back right away and i get the mail notification... Its minor bug for me, practically the only one worth mentioning that i have seen, but i felt it was worth mentioning here...
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think its just alot of mail getting bottle necked somewhere, usually takes a while when there is alot of people on
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never gotten anything instantly. I need to relog too.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or wayshrine out of zone
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • McUsher
    McUsher
    ✭✭
    Was just online with very few ppl (according to zone chat activity).. Had to relog for store mail...
    Are you still old school or yet unprogressive?
  • g4m5t3r_ESO
    g4m5t3r_ESO
    ✭✭
    Sometimes it's instant (notification and all, sometimes just the mail itself) Other times simply wayshrine somewhere does the trick, and my last resort is to relog real quick like if I'm impatient at the moment.
    While we're at it, can we water down the coffee. It's way OP...
  • Auralia
    Auralia
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I have never received a bought item instantly. I buy items for crafting and relogging is the only way for me to get the item so I can continue crafting.
  • PharmaChief
    PharmaChief
    ✭✭✭
    after so long i would have expected this to be corrected already
  • McUsher
    McUsher
    ✭✭
    Well, at least they fixed player sent mail. That is almost instant I can assure, as we're playing next to each other. 2 seconds after pressing the send button I can hear that "pling" next to me :)
    Edited by McUsher on June 30, 2014 7:04PM
    Are you still old school or yet unprogressive?
  • Yost19
    Yost19
    Auction house mail is still crazy slow.
  • Endek
    Endek
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad that I found this thread on in-game snail mail.

After making a guild store purchase, I went back to the crafting station to research the item, only to discover no guild store purchase in my in-game mail box.

Thinking that I was at fault and hadn't completed the transaction, I went back to the guild store to buy the item, but it wasn't there.

As there were only a few guild members online, I asked if some one had purchased the item and all said no.

That's when I came here and read the thread.... so logged out, logged in, there it was, my snail mail delivery.

Thx for the heads up, but I wish there wasn't a wait time or re-log required.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after so long i would have expected this to be corrected already

The quote above is from June. Still not fixed. I think we should conclude that it is beyond their ability to fix this, for some reason, and just accept that it is going to stay broken.
  • Nidwin
    Nidwin
    ✭✭✭
    There's no need to log off and on again.
    Just change zone through a wayshrine and that does the trick, always.
    Nidwinqq Templar (healzzz) United Warhammer Vets
    Nidwinqq RR100 Magus till the end, R.I.P. Badlands
  • PharmaChief
    PharmaChief
    ✭✭✭
    Nidwin wrote: »
    There's no need to log off and on again.
    Just change zone through a wayshrine and that does the trick, always.
    true but that takes longer than logging off/on
  • TimGS
    TimGS
    October's halfway to November already. And it's still not fixed.
    At least answer here, ZOS, that you can't fix it. So ppl won't wait.
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree with this, I have to log out and log back in to get my mail every time.

ZOS, why have you not fixed this bug since March?
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    just receiving mail...
    the same problems occur with mailed VR rewards, COD from a trade shout in zone etc.
    And it is not something that you can blame on the game engine (Hero) as it is not endemic to games using that engine!!!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    Still broken. Maybe 1.5 will address it; probably not.
    Oh, btw, I did the wayshrine thing to another zone and the mail now shows up. I noticed though that it says I received the mail 15 minutes ago. So I did receive it, but it won't show up unless I zone or relog... :\
    Edited by Ignotus on November 2, 2014 3:01AM
  • DarklyLit
    DarklyLit
    Soul Shriven
    Still broken... wow

Any ETA on a fix?
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To my knowledge ZOS have never even acknowledged there's a problem, you'll note the usual complete lack of ANY ZOS Post in this thread.

Zoning or logging seems to be the only way to get items unless you want to go take a 5-course banquet while waiting.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on April 29, 2015 6:51AM
  • Milktray
    Milktray
    ✭✭✭
    Mail has been bugged like that since beta
    ZoS please understand everyone thinks and pronounces things differently, so please add to your 'rules' that things get removed if the Mod doesn't actually quite understand phrasing
  • stormriderjj
    Same for me bought items and didn't get mail left me confused as hell. Good to know I'm not the only one that this happens to though logging out every time you buy something is annoying if this was SAO I'd have to die to get my items Ha Ha
    Even if I get killed by a monster, I don’t want to lose to this game…to this world… No matter what!
  • Archietous
    Archietous
    Soul Shriven
    This delay in mail time really made me mad.. I purchased way more tannin(or whatever) than I needed. Feel so stupid
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I make multiple purchases, but don't touch mail until I'm done, things "usually" go through alright. If I grab what mail I have, then make another purchase, I can check mail and flip zones forever, but it will not show up. I have to relog the character for it to show. This also happens with player sent mail.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • Fuz
    Fuz
    ✭✭✭
    I have this bug too.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given this 'feature' has existed since release I think it's clear ZOS either can't or won't make it work properly.
  • Catnight
    Catnight
    ✭✭
    A simple option to put purchased items directly into the bag would probably help more....
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • TheNorthernDragon
    TheNorthernDragon
    ✭✭✭
    If you want guild store items in your mail immediately, you have to not just wayshrine to a different zone, but to a different zone in a different alliance. This always works for me.