Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Medium Armour Viability

Rapthorne
Rapthorne
✭✭
Is Medium armour viable on any class other than Nightblade? I mainly aski because Medium seems to be the simplest and most accessable armour in terms of crafting it (ore nodes seem very few and far between, likewise with fabric plants) and crafting seems to be the only way to stay reasonably well geared, due to very low rates of enemies dropping equipment

Best Answer

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Medium armor is the armor for all stamina based dps.
    So not just nightblades. Just cause nightblades are most suited for stamina based dps, doesnt mean other classes dont go there.

Armor is really much role-centered in this game and not class centered.

So anyone build around stamina dps will likely most benefit from medium armor.
    Just as magicka dps will most likely go for light armor.

also keep in mind that most people mix. The typical setup for levelling is:
    5 pieces of armor for the set your build/roles can use best.
    2 pieces of the other two (one each) so you level those up as well.

that way, when you really need to finetune your build you can mix n match the different types.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
    Answer ✓
  • BigDuffy
    BigDuffy
    Ore nodes are not too bad to find. If you are on level 14 or below and want iron ore go to the Khajiit map bottom left to right along the coast behind rocks on the little islands you will find tonnes of it and chests too. Also harvest any crab or animal you see for rawhide scraps and look out for wood logs on the beach and yellow plants about 0.5m high with yellow flowers ( raw jute ).
  • gamsir
    gamsir
    ✭✭
    Or if your'e so inclined.. Steal light/medium armor to your hearts' content. Deconstruct everything and create new armor from the materials. Easy way of getting materials and leveling clothing.
    Anything you steal will scale to your own level, not the level of any given zone.

I main in medium armor (5 pieces for the perks) and two heavy; gauntlets that suits medium armor, and headpiece that I hide by the options menu.
    I generally use 'reinforced' traits when I craft (at least 5 pieces) which boost armor pretty good.
  • PsychoKRATOS1
    PsychoKRATOS1
    ✭✭
    Any beastly creature drops medium armour raw materials for their level .

Skeevers
    Netches
    Kagouti
    Hoaver (on occasion for me instead of carapace)
    Werewolves
    Wolves

Unless you REALLY want to refine for the temping/improving materials. Deconstruction is your best friend.
    Having 50la-50ma-50ha can really help if you choose a main -5p set- and a secondary for the boosts.

Night blade I use 2heavy and 5 medium (class passive has a per piece H.A effect)
    I just think heavy armour looks the best lol.