Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

UPCOMMING PATCH NEW GLASS AND XIVYKYN MOTIFFS AND ETC

Mcnick
Mcnick
ok so i have a question about how im prepairing for this patch and i need to know is it worth it to save your crafting writ boxes you get in craglorn belkarth to open them once this DLC goes live to get glass motif pages well pieces of the pages and xivykyn motifs and other materials like malachite is it worth it to save these writ boxes?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    The Xivkyn motif chapters will only drop from special treasure chests within the Imperial City. Saving your crafting writs will do nothing to help you obtain these.

Glass motif chapters are obtained as rewards from crafting writ boxes (only clothing, blacksmithing, and woodworking), so theoretically saving your writs until the IC patch launches would be beneficial. However, if the boxes are coded in such a way that the game knows if they were obtained pre vs. post IC, then the pre-IC boxes might not contain glass chapters. I know people have asked for clarification on this before, but I don't remember a dev ever responding. I would say that if you are okay with holding onto your writ boxes until IC (i.e. have inventory space and/or don't desperately need anything from them), it couldn't hurt anything and might put you ahead of the curve when it comes to earning the glass motif.