Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Quick Question About Vet XP Gain

tommyshelby
tommyshelby
✭✭✭
What is the XP penalty for killing mobs at lower VR levels? Is it severe? I know the rule for 1-49 is keep the mobs within 5 levels of your character. How does it work for VR mobs?
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There isn't one. They are all technically level 50 for grouping/XP cutoff reasons.

However, VR monsters are worth a little more each VR level. So a VR10 monster is worth more XP than a VR1 one.
  • tommyshelby
    tommyshelby
    ✭✭✭
    So, what you're saying is I can farm lvl 49 mobs and gain nearly as much XP as V1 mobs?
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, what you're saying is I can farm lvl 49 mobs and gain nearly as much XP as V1 mobs?

You can farm mobs as low as level 45, even as a VR14.
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
  • Halke
    Halke
    ✭✭✭
    I know you can get xp for them, but there is a reduction. I grind on v5 mobs up to v10, but from 9-10 the xp is reduced drastically and then 10-11 just makes me want to cry.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if these numbers are still accurate, but as of 1.5.4, it was this:
    You will receive full XP credit for monsters 1-3 ranks below you.
    You will receive 75% of XP for monsters 4 ranks below you.
    You will receive 30% of XP for monsters 5 ranks or more below you.
    Note: This does not affect levels 1-50.

UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then,you can farm level 45-50mobs with full xp being vr1 until vr3?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. And at VR5+, those Lvl 45 mobs should still give 30% of their usual XP.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

Ok thanks.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RazielSR wrote: »

Ok thanks.
    @RazielSR , @Enodoc, with my most (very) recent VR1, the L47 mobs in CH I used to finish him off immediately ceased to give XP and loot once I rolled over to VR.

That's where the whole "doesn't affect 1-50" comes into play. (VR1 is less than a month old)

You can farm VR1's at VR14, but the XP is hardly worth it.

Fight things at or above your level for best results (Craglorn being the exception) unless you're doing it for 'cheevos.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RazielSR wrote: »

Ok thanks.
    @RazielSR , @Enodoc, with my most (very) recent VR1, the L47 mobs in CH I used to finish him off immediately ceased to give XP and loot once I rolled over to VR.

That's where the whole "doesn't affect 1-50" comes into play. (VR1 is less than a month old)

You can farm VR1's at VR14, but the XP is hardly worth it.

Fight things at or above your level for best results (Craglorn being the exception) unless you're doing it for 'cheevos.
    Really? That's not right.... level-based XP only drops off when you go over 5 levels above the mobs, and you never go over 5 levels above 45, as every Veteran Rank is a part of Level 50.
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where would you go to grind from vr1? Cyro dailies and grind caves or grind spots from silver zones? What is giving more exp?
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can somebody please say if this still being correct for VETERAN RANKS?

You will receive full XP credit for monsters 1-3 ranks below you.
    You will receive 75% of XP for monsters 4 ranks below you.
    You will receive 30% of XP for monsters 5 ranks or more below you.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vr1-5 Caldwell's silver, vr 5-6+ Caldwell's gold,vr12+ I'm not saying
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Vr1-5 Caldwell's silver, vr 5-6+ Caldwell's gold,vr12+ I'm not saying

Im vr8 now with this char I had parked at level 22. Past week was level 22.

Grinding silver I think wont be possible at vr 9 so thats why I will jump to cyro I guess. I really dont want to do silver again.
    Edited by RazielSR on August 16, 2015 11:46PM