Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Please help Dark Elf Nightblade

DrizztWulfgar
DrizztWulfgar
✭✭
Pleae help I love the whole night blade Dark Elf...reminds me of my books Drizzt With his dual wielding blades and Bow... Every thing i read in these forums about the Dark elf points to Dragon Knight though. So should i keep Nigh blade and what build should I have or am I wasting my time. Should I just start over with A Dragon Knight

Thanks
Edited by DrizztWulfgar on August 16, 2015 10:38AM
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what you mean bout the dark elf pointing to the dragonknight.
    The Dragonknights have two very simular roles in the games lore.

1: the dragonguards. Original from Akavir, they invaded Tamriel to hunt for dragons. When they met Reman I, they recognised him as dragonborn and swore to protect him. They helped him to become emperor and became his personal bodyguard. They also kept hunting dragons in Tamriel (hence why most are extinct now a days). When Tiber Septim rose to the throne of emperor, the became once again the protectors of the emperor untill the last Septim sacrificed his life in fighting Mehrunes Dagon. By that thime they where also known as the blades. They went back to seclusion.

2: during the time of daggerfall there where knights of the dragon. They where sworn protectors of the emperor. As by that time it was still a Septim, it is likely that they where also dragonguards.

So I think it is save to say the dragonknights are of akaviri origins, but we know they recruit from all races. They are dragon hunters and protectors of the true emperor of Tamriel (a dragonborn). As at the time of ESO we are in the interregnum (between the true emperors, those that are dragonborn), the organisation doesn't have a formal role and can be seen as heroes popping up everywhere (some could say mercenaries, but thats such a negative word).

Nightblades are a those who are assasins, thieves and those that work in the shadows. They excell in covert operations and are for hire to do just that. They don't have a firm history as the dragonknights, but that is likely cause they don't want it that way. They work anonymous from the shadows and pride themselfs in being unknown.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • DrizztWulfgar
    DrizztWulfgar
    ✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »

1: the dragonguards. Original from Akavir, they invaded Tamriel to hunt for dragons. When they met Reman I, they recognised him as dragonborn and swore to protect him. They helped him to become emperor and became his personal bodyguard. They also kept hunting dragons in Tamriel (hence why most are extinct now a days). When Tiber Septim rose to the throne of emperor, the became once again the protectors of the emperor untill the last Septim sacrificed his life in fighting Mehrunes Dagon. By that thime they where also known as the blades. They went back to seclusion.

2: during the time of daggerfall there where knights of the dragon. They where sworn protectors of the emperor. As by that time it was still a Septim, it is likely that they where also dragonguards.

So I think it is save to say the dragonknights are of akaviri origins, but we know they recruit from all races. They are dragon hunters and protectors of the true emperor of Tamriel (a dragonborn). As at the time of ESO we are in the interregnum (between the true emperors, those that are dragonborn), the organisation doesn't have a formal role and can be seen as heroes popping up everywhere (some could say mercenaries, but thats such a negative word).

Nightblades are a those who are assasins, thieves and those that work in the shadows. They excell in covert operations and are for hire to do just that. They don't have a firm history as the dragonknights, but that is likely cause they don't want it that way. They work anonymous from the shadows and pride themselfs in being unknown.

Yes the lore I understand and thats why I love the Night Blades. I miss informed you I will Edit. I mean as for the race benifit of Fire damage..for the Dragon Knight.

Thanks
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »

Yes the lore I understand and thats why I love the Night Blades. I miss informed you I will Edit. I mean as for the race benifit of Fire damage..for the Dragon Knight.

Thanks

Only flame talent gives this slight benefit.
    There are three ways to approach a class.
    1: role playing approach. The role you want to play is more important then the efficiency.
    2: min/max approach: You want to be as effective as you can.
    3: a bit of a mix of the above.

first you have to understand that building a character from a min/max approach depends on a lot of things. Race plays a role, but many times you can work around it. It is all a matter of how viable you are.
    So lets look at the flame talent passive (the one blocking you) and how effective it is for dragonknights.

"Increases Spell Damage with Fire Effects by 3/5/7%"

This is a minor increase. But more important, it only helps for spell damage. Magicka dragonknights are more rare as stamina dragonknights. The later will not benefit from flame talent at all, cause they will only use those ardent flame skills that are morphed to be scaled from stamina (and deal weapon damage instead of spell damage).

The flame talent passive to me is most beneficial not for dragon knights, but fire destruction staff, that is a weaponchoice all classes can make.

If you would ask me what class to choose for a dragonknight (as in a min/max question), I would not name the dunmer at all.
    The only time I would recommend dunmer (in min/max) would be vampire. The reason is the fire resistance.
    The reason is that dunmer has things to offer for all classes, making it a good choice for being open for a brought range of roles. So for min/max it is less, but for versatility it is much better.

I don't see why you not should make a dark elf nightblade. It is a viable option and is very versatile in builds cause you didn't lock you into a single role.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • gamsir
    gamsir
    ✭✭
    I agree wholeh-eartedly with Ranique's assesments.

You don't seem particulary focused on min/maxing.

None the less the Dunmer race seems pretty well rounded in their attribute bonuses. Any build is possible from the start, just adjust what attributes you invest in along the way. Fire damage is also pretty common in the game, so any extra resistance is welcome at any level.

Overall the Dunmer (and any race for that matter) is a viable choice for efficient play, but dedicated min/maxers will always try to squize 1-3% extra out of their build to become as efficient as possible.

Are you an extremely competitive pvp gamer tha will lie awake at night because your char has an overall 1% less stamina than he could have had if you chose a different race?

Do you like the Dunmer race and their lore?

Go for it and enjoy your toon!
  • DrizztWulfgar
    DrizztWulfgar
    ✭✭
    Copy that ... I have decided I choose both ..lol I started my Dragon KNight today.. and am on lvl 6 right now. I like the raw power he has.. I will also keep my Night Blade because come on who doesnt love dual wielding bow master.. Just a Question though is the staff you speak of that great. Or what should be my dragon Knight real focus on weapon. Also should i focus on magicka or stamina build. YOu mention that dragon knights morph into stamina builds .