The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Steadfast Ward...

Jumper45
Jumper45
✭✭✭
I Think the ability needs to be reworked. Yeah it has a very few situations where it works but honestly it just sucks. Tested with it quite a bit. look over the math and everything. The very idea of the spell is anti healing.

As a healer. the idea of using anything when someone is almost dead that does not refill the hp bar is derpy when you have options that can do just that. For pvp Why would you even bother to keep someone in execute range. in PVE the shield is too small gets removed in about 1-2 seconds. a crit heal would do more For some classes who do not have anything but the ward. I suppose b/c its your only options but think about that. This peice of crap is your only option lol. Its also nerfed when you go into pvp.

Honestly the 300% at low hp needs to be removed and the ward just needs to do that much normally. its just 6 seconds ... jesus. Its not like you get to pick what target gets the ward. If not that. the Ward needs to be reduced down to 200-250% and just wards 3-4 targets. or the timer needs to be raised up to 20-30seconds. you cant use it as a defensive strat because you need to be pretty much dead to make it worth your time/magicka and doesnt last long enough. Yeah healing ward is fine but honestly the heal at the end just keeps the shield from being a waste rather then just a heal as well as a shield and requires you to not heal that person for 6 seconds. ( wtf really? who is a healer and sits around for 6 seconds with a almost dead guy hoping that shield will end and heal the person which it probly wont and just get knocked off and youre left with a almost dead person still and wondering if the next attack just wont 1shot him. lol )

I do believe the ability needs a look over and some changes need to be made with the morphs and abilitiy itself. Its very concept is very anti healer at the moment. Its about as useful as casting an attack and having it not do any damage for 6 seconds and if someone knocks it off in 6 seconds it does nothing. ( This is an side effect of some attack morphs etc. Just imagine that is all the ability is.AKA waste of a slot)
“All right, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager!
Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man whose gonna burn your house down - with the lemons!” (Portal 2)

17 Years MMORPG Experience healing and I still havn't figured out why people stand in red circles.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't agree more.... For my build lol

I was wondering about it too. Very nice of @Skiserony to inform me that essentially Healing ward is a Sorcerer's one shield while Hardened Ward is his health bar.

In your build it seems pretty silly to have, just like my build (i just spam hardened no need to use both hardened and healing)

It seems pretty critical for stacking sorcs
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Jumper45
    Jumper45
    ✭✭✭
    For a Solo sorc sure it works as a heal but then you arnt using it as it was intended i think. Because at that point you arnt using it as a shield really but covering it up with other shields so you get the heal in 6 seconds vs its intended use as a shield with a healing morph to cover the fact that you casted it on a target that might not need the full shield etc.. So sorc is taking advantage of it but yeah not really what it was intended for i believe. If you were using it as a shield then why wouldnt you just recast the other shield. At max hp or close to it the shield is almost nothing ( you would be better stacking hardened and harness then tacking on some pitiful 2-3k shield. If you were to use all 3 ( tank sorcs aside) By time you casted all 3 your 6second window is already almost gone. Duration the same as harness might give it more meaning but -shrug- like i said the shield is pitiful unless you are casting it at low hp for the heal.
    “All right, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager!
    Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man whose gonna burn your house down - with the lemons!” (Portal 2)

17 Years MMORPG Experience healing and I still havn't figured out why people stand in red circles.
    Options
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    Healing Ward is actually is really powerful skill in both PvP and PvE for every class, Templars have BoL and will most likely not use it.

Healing Ward should not be counted as a heal, but as a lifesaving skill. When someone has low heal, you can quickly put this skill up(which is a extremely big shield), that buys you time to heal him up. The big heal at the end is more of a really useful bonus which can completely fill health.

Those options you gave are way too strong and is never going to happen, it's already a really effective skill when used right. Imo it's the most annoying skill for an oppenent to have in PvP. I really would not like it seeing changed, really no need to buff this skill. It's also a great skill for non-Templar healers in PvE.

Shields get nerfed in PvP, but so will damage with about the same amount, so shield-wise there is no nerf. It just won't always completely heal up your complete healthbar, which I think should be the case too.
    Edited by Skiserony on August 14, 2015 7:39AM
    Options
  • whyyounolose
    healing ward + bolt escape spamming for 6 seconds
    Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steadfast ward is not that good,
    HOWEVER the morph Healing ward is one of the most powerful wards in the game,

I use it on my magicka NB for sustain and generally it keeps you alive as long as you have magicka left to cast it again,
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Options
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    Steadfast ward is not that good,
    HOWEVER the morph Healing ward is one of the most powerful wards in the game,

I use it on my magicka NB for sustain and generally it keeps you alive as long as you have magicka left to cast it again,

Oh yeah I agree, my bad, I automatically assumed we were talking about Healing Ward since that's the best and most common morph.

So exactly the case as you said :smile:
    Options
  • Jumper45
    Jumper45
    ✭✭✭
    Be aware the healing morph is only on remaining strength. If you are not hit in 6 seconds then what is the point as a healer. You could have filled the persons hp in that time. NB healers can use it as a life saver but it only works for them because shield then hots always works. Everyone else is using it as a delayed 6s Heal not as a shield really.

Options
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    Jumper45 wrote: »
    Be aware the healing morph is only on remaining strength. If you are not hit in 6 seconds then what is the point as a healer. You could have filled the persons hp in that time. NB healers can use it as a life saver but it only works for them because shield then hots always works. Everyone else is using it as a delayed 6s Heal not as a shield really.

Not exactly, the main reason for this skill is saving your life, which to begin with is the most crucial thing you need. But different builds use this skill in other ways.

Magicka NBs will use this to shield up and use a HoT to gain health back, here the shield is what really counts, and not the delayed 6s heal (which still is very important). Not using this shield could result in dying instantly for them.

Magicka Sorcs use this skill for both reasons, there's mechanic for that. When their health is low, they put up this shield to make sure they don't get killed, they'll use this skill to absorb the incoming damage but will result in a minor or no heal. But since they have another shield (Hardened Ward) they have the ability to use this as a complete heal also. That's why they use this skill twice, first for shield preventing getting killed, then they'll put up their Hardened Ward whch will absorb damage once Healing Ward is brought down. Then some use even more shields like Harness Magicka, and then after stacking all the shields they'll use Healing Ward again, but because of stacking all those shields it's not likely for the Healing Ward to be destroyed, so after 6s they get that massive heal and their health is completely filled. So in this case they use Healing Ward as both shield and heal.

Eventually the most important thing of this ability is that shield, that what saves your life. You can't rely on it as a heal in most cases, Sorcs can because of their shield stacking. I'd rather say everyone uses this skill to save lives, and that's exactly what the shield does, not healing. It's more like an extreme useful bonus.
    Options
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    As a magblade is great i go from losing the fight to "winning" going from 3k to 22k health using mist form ward is great or ward cloak

Vampires not just magblades can get alot from the ward
    Edited by chevalierknight on August 16, 2015 4:46PM
    Options