The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

DK Tank - Gear options / Alternatives to Engine Guardian and Footman's

Benjj
Benjj
So i'm about to start respeccing my DK for tanking now that i'm vet 13.

I'll be wanting to run the standard 5 piece Hist bark, 5 piece Footman's and 2 piece Engine Guardian set.
However, whilst I'm new to tanking, I aren't going to have these items.

What sets would be good to use in the mean-time?
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    well you can make hist bark so thats there. i guess while you wait grab another crafted set like allessia's bulwark or something =)
    ~House Indoril~
    Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

Options
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grab anything that gives you health or resistance. And you'll obviously want heavy armour. Now, you'll probably think I'm crazy, but considering the fact that a vast majority of a DK's tanking skills are magicka based, the Seducer set is a great option as well.

Some other sets to consider: Whitestrake's Retribution, Death's Wind, Unassailable Set, Undaunted Bastion, Nikulas' Heavy Armor, and Alessia's Bulwark

Oh and V13 footman gear is fairly cheap and plentiful. Shouldn't be too hard to find in guild stores.
    Edited by Morbash on August 12, 2015 8:24AM
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
    Options
  • Benjj
    Benjj
    well you can make hist bark so thats there. i guess while you wait grab another crafted set like allessia's bulwark or something =)
    Yeah, I actually have Hist Bark, I just forgot to mention it!

DeusAres wrote: »
    Grab anything that gives you health or resistance. And you'll obviously want heavy armour. Now, you'll probably think I'm crazy, but considering the fact that a vast majority of a DK's tanking skills are magicka based, the Seducer set is a great option as well.

Some other sets to consider: Whitestrake's Retribution, Death's Wind, Unassailable Set, Undaunted Bastion, Nikulas' Heavy Armor, and Alessia's Bulwark

Oh and V13 footman gear is fairly cheap and plentiful. Shouldn't be too hard to find in guild stores.

Seducer is something I have played with and I like it, I also like Magnus Gift but I would have to have another look at the stats on them both.

Would it be worth using Seducers, seeing as I won't be able to get two five-piece bonuses?

I'm playing on console and haven't seen any footman items just yet. Maybe i'm not looking hard enough!
    Edited by Benjj on August 12, 2015 9:16AM
    Options
  • remedios17
    remedios17
    ✭✭✭
    maybe if you have the bloodspawn set lying around - i use that personally, it's great
    Guildmaster of the Order of the Magna Ge - social guild EP EU with 200+ members from all levels, all over the world, forming a nice relaxed, friendly - and a bit crazy - community - check us out at orderofthemagnage.guildlaunch.com or whisper me in game.
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run 5 piece whitestrake and 4 piece hits bark. That damage shield when below 30% has saved me so many times
    Edited by Brrrofski on August 12, 2015 9:51AM
    Options
  • GhostShadows
    GhostShadows
    ✭✭✭
    i use Song of Lamae/ Footman and i m doing fine with it.
    Options
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing on console and haven't seen any footman items just yet. Maybe i'm not looking hard enough!

Oops! Sorry buddy. I play on PC. ZOS really needs to implement a better system to make it easier to differentiate between PC, PS4, and XB1 threads.

I would check out dropped sets. The Unassailable Set is a solid set that includes jewelry and can serve as a temporary replacement for Footman's. And it would go well with Hist Bark. This would leave you with two more pieces that you could use for a two piece bonus. It doesn't really matter which two piece set you go with (at least until you get your hands on the engine guardian set). However, I would suggest a craftable two piece so that you can choose your traits.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Set+Bonus+Crafting+Locations

Just grab something that boosts a stat that you feel is lacking. Something that gives you armour, resistance, health, or stamina would be good.
    Would it be worth using Seducers, seeing as I won't be able to get two five-piece bonuses?

I would only go with Seducers if you have trouble managing your magicka.
    Edited by Morbash on August 12, 2015 11:46PM
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
    Options
  • Hostyle34
    Hostyle34
    FYI footman can be bought relatively cheap on trades. I got all 5 at vr 13 for under 100k. Just have to check all the traders, you'll find deals.
    Options
  • jebuspowers
    jebuspowers
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer whitestrake to hist bark. Damage shield is dope plus it can be amped with cp
    Options