Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Siege of Cradlecrush quest how to

Martinos
Martinos
Soul Shriven
Surprisingly, there is almost no literature on the fix for this quest so that people can actually do it, so I'm hoping by posting here this will help some people in getting this quest done while we wait for the proper fix to arrive. The Siege of Cradlecrush is a quest in the Eastmarch zone. The glitch in question occurs when your quest objective is to Talk to the Giant.

The goal is to properly get kicked by the giant into the water to the west of him, over the rocks. It took me about 20 tries to do this. Some tries teleported me straight into the water and the quest didn't advance. Some tries he didn't kick me far enough, some tries I just teleported right back to him after a very brief loading screen. To get this to work, as soon as you're finished talking to him you have run right towards him. I'm not entirely sure whether or not your back needs to be facing the low-point in between the rocks that you have to fly through once he kicks you, but I was when I finally got it to work.

But it's that simple, just run towards the giant and eventually you will be able to get this to work.
  • Jaystock19
    Jaystock19
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for posting your experience, I gave up on this quest last night and It's quite annoying cause Cradlecrush is the only area I need to finish to complete my first Veteran alliance and get to V6 area. I'll keep trying now that I know it's possible.
  • Gatlan
    Gatlan
    Thanks for this post.
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me he doesn't even kick me at all. Just the kick animation and nothing else... What to do in a situation like this i wonder...
    Edited by makreth on June 6, 2014 7:13PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try jumping in the air just after talking to the giant, as he kicks you.

This worked for me.
  • sr383
    sr383
    I just poked him--like the instructions said--and ended up in the water. I was confused, at first, but I figured out where I was and started the sabotage. Maybe I got very lucky. ...
  • nerdywife
    nerdywife
    Soul Shriven
    makreth wrote: »
    For me he doesn't even kick me at all. Just the kick animation and nothing else... What to do in a situation like this i wonder...

This is happening to my husband as well. The giant kicks at him and nothing happens. Up in the corner he gets the message that "Target is immune".

This is his third glitches quest. WTF