The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Jewel Crafting

SoLja4HirE
SoLja4HirE
✭✭
It makes no sense that I cant craft my entire set including the rings and amulets..I would love to know if or when we would get jewel crafting in the game?
Dodge roll everything and be respectful to other players :p ...
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel the same way.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SoLja4HirE wrote: »
    It makes no sense that I cant craft my entire set including the rings and amulets..I would love to know if or when we would get jewel crafting in the game?

Crafted sets are often easy to get compared to dropped sets so I think the jewelry will stay as it is. Now players often have a combination of crafted and dropped sets, with craftable jewelry there will be little use for dropped sets.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ability to upgrade jewlrey would be nice though. That or ZOS has to start actually putting all sets in at VR14 and purple/gold.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • phaseadept
    phaseadept
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, jewel rafting should be in the game. More flexibility for sets, as well as the addition of specific 3 piece sets for jewel crafters.

I would hope this addition is being planned.
  • ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭
    SoLja4HirE wrote: »

Crafted sets are often easy to get compared to dropped sets so I think the jewelry will stay as it is. Now players often have a combination of crafted and dropped sets, with craftable jewelry there will be little use for dropped sets.
    Yes and no.

I think jewelry crafting should be added and have the ability craft jewelry as parts of a set. However, the way dropped vs crafted sets are now, I can see your point. Dropped sets are difficult to get and often not as good as crafted sets, in terms of both armor value and bonuses. At least from what I've seen and heard anyway. I think the solution is to separate them a little bit and/or make the dropped sets easier to get. IMO, dropped sets should have much better set bonuses than crafted sets, but with only mediocre armor/damage ratings. Crafted sets should have much better armor/damage ratings, but with only mediocre bonuses. This would force players to make a choice: killer bonuses or crazy armor/damage values. Thereby encouraging a mix of dropped and crafted sets once again.
    PC / NA
    Thenathra - Khajiit Stormblade (Sorcerer - Dual-wield Swords/Lightning Staff)

Several alts I've created, but haven't leveled much yet:
    Norryne - Dunmer Paladin (Templar - Two-hand Hammer/One-hand Hammer & Shield)
    Demerwei - Argonian Shadowscale (Nightblade - Dual-wield Axes/Dual-wield Daggers)
    Gohrnag - Orc Elementalist (Dragon Knight - Frost Staff/Lightning Staff)
    Kerasha - Redguard Mystic (Templar - Flame Staff/Restoration Staff)
    Alawael - Bosmer Assassin (Nightblade - Bow/Two-hand Battleaxe)
    Hjerlm the Quiet - Nord Dragonguard (Dragon Knight - One-hand Sword & Shield/Two-hand Greatsword)