Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

PC storage of Character data

Philgo68
Philgo68
✭✭✭
Does anyone know where all the Character Data is stored on the PC, particularly regarding the Social/Interface settings? I'm having an issue with my Chat window, but only on 2 of my 4 characters. I've tried completely reinstalling the Client and also moving the C:\Users\xxxxxl\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online directory out of the way, so Addons are not running and the client info is reset. Is there another location that may have some bad data that I need to check/remove?

Thanks in advance.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Some of) your settings are cached locally but ultimately stored on the ZOS servers.

I'm not near my gaming computer right now, but there is a settings file in the "SavedVariables" folder in your "C:\Users\...\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online" directory. You might want to check on that one but i somewhat doubt it will solve your problems.
    :smile:
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Character data is stored on Zenimax's side only. The only thing we have access to is the game settings file.
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.