Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Loremaster's Archive: Politics and the Imperial City"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Loremaster's Archive: Politics and the Imperial City."

Chancellor Abnur Tharn joins us to answer your questions about the latest Imperial politics and the future of the Imperial City.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The fact that a few buildings here and there have been knocked down just shows that those structures were weak and in need of replacement."

Abnur the optimist. Good to hear from you again.
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    the empire is great. everything is fine. provincials go home
  • Asrien
    Asrien
    ✭✭
    Yay my question was answered! There was a strange air of propaganda about some of his responses though I must say. :p
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Grins* You are ever the optimist, Abnar Tharn.
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    "The fact that a few buildings here and there have been knocked down just shows that those structures were weak and in need of replacement."

Abnur the optimist. Good to hear from you again.

*chuckles* My thoughts exactly!
    Edited by Rev Rielle on August 10, 2015 10:47PM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Add more quests, npcs and other features to Cyrodiil please.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Credit where credit is due, the man is very quotable.
    But so long as the Empire exists as an idea in the heart of humanity, so long as true men and women refuse to accept the shackles of Elven overlords or Daedric Princes, the Empire of Cyrodiil can never truly fall.

I want to sig that, even knowing Abnur from the main quest.

Also apparently he's not willing to share his research regarding the Amulet of Kings. :p Not surprised, mind.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Novustratum
    Novustratum
    ✭✭
    Why does Abnur Tharn seem to be defending Manninarco in most of these? Most of the Q/A's indicate a timeframe after the soul burst. Was he not a prisoner of sorts of Mannimarco and opposed to him? Did the writers of this article forget the storyline? Or is Abnur Tharn just being very deceitful?
    Success comes from experience, experience comes from failure, failure comes from trying.
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why does Abnur Tharn seem to be defending Manninarco in most of these? Most of the Q/A's indicate a timeframe after the soul burst. Was he not a prisoner of sorts of Mannimarco and opposed to him? Did the writers of this article forget the storyline? Or is Abnur Tharn just being very deceitful?

He wasn't a prisoner in the beginning. Then he was politically outmaneuvered, and his fortunes changed. At least, that's what I saw in the storyline.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    wraith808 wrote: »

He wasn't a prisoner in the beginning. Then he was politically outmaneuvered, and his fortunes changed. At least, that's what I saw in the storyline.

Agreed. My take on it was that he was tricked into thinking it was a great deal for his family, even though his own arrogance is more to blame for that than anything else. Mannimarco outmaneuvered and essentially turned him into a figurehead and a servant. Although honestly I don't think he truly comes to terms with that until the main quest in ESO so at the time of this Q/A he probably believed everything he was saying.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, one thing I've been noticing in these Q&As is that they avoid most spoilers. For example, if you've played through most of the dungeons in Upper Craglorn, that bit Caecilus said about:
    It is probably wisest to think about these aspects of reality [the constellations] as essences or qualities rather than personalities—though when we, as mere mortals, interact with them, our minds can only grasp them by perceiving them as personae.
    ...is at best, misleading given that we find out in the Skyreach Pinnacle quest and main Upper Crag plot that
    The Nedes made the Celestial constellations, and the Celestials were most likely mortals at one point.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works