The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Wailing Maw-anguish gem

METALPUNKS
METALPUNKS
✭✭✭
I'm very confused. I get to the part of the quest in the last big cave area but it says I need to be above. I can't figure out how to get up there. The other odd thing is when I watch youtube videos the dungeon has a slightly different layout and other thing are changed around. Anyone know what's going on? ty
  • belleangeliquecub18_ESO
    I have the same issue. I have been through all the tunnels, logged out and back in, defeated the boss twice now... and even watched youtube videos to see if I was missing something... I can't seem to figure out how to get above, and in the videos the layout of the cave seems different... I an beginning to wonder if the quest is bugged. :(
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The layout of the cave was changed in Update 3 (September), so any video from before then will not be useful. From what I remember though, the gem is on the upper level of the only two-level part of the cave, which should be right behind the boss. (The boss is on the upper level, right?)

See Map, the Anguish Gem is marked with the white quest marker.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • gezzerb16_ESO
    Enodoc wrote: »
    The layout of the cave was changed in Update 3 (September), so any video from before then will not be useful. From what I remember though, the gem is on the upper level of the only two-level part of the cave, which should be right behind the boss. (The boss is on the upper level, right?)

See Map, the Anguish Gem is marked with the white quest marker.

The problem is we're missing where we have to go to get to the higher level. The door that should lead us to it is locked on one side. So there should be a way to get up there. Where the tunnel is? Beats me, and a few others as well it seems. As well the out of date how tos only make it more confusing.
  • anghara
    anghara
    ✭✭✭
    In case anyone is still looking for this answer, in the new layout, when you get to the T junction in the lower right center of the map, if you head right you'll go down to where the boss and path back up to the entrance is. If you head left there, you'll come to a catwalk area where the gem is.
  • HitokiriMusashi
    HitokiriMusashi
    Soul Shriven
    anghara wrote: »
    In case anyone is still looking for this answer, in the new layout, when you get to the T junction in the lower right center of the map, if you head right you'll go down to where the boss and path back up to the entrance is. If you head left there, you'll come to a catwalk area where the gem is.

The map is laid out weird
    Edited by HitokiriMusashi on August 8, 2015 9:11PM
  • TyCobbBA365
    There's a tunnel that branches off from the area where you fight the boss. The tunnel has an upward slope that circles back above the boss. That will lead to the anguish gem. I also had to wander around and keep searching.