Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

why so hard to find glyphs for decon

TraumaHawk
TraumaHawk
✭✭
if anyone can help me lvl my craft and has some glyphs they don't mind sharing please send to @ skilled.hammer in game thx.

also if you are leveling enchantment as well then trading custome glyphs for decon is better then deconstructing the ones U make. pickup glyphs are the best for decon . looking to trade cuistome glyphs for decon
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    I get drops from fights (PvE), the wriths and I guess sometimes stealing.
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • bbritton8883525_ESO
    Hey man. This is Kryshael from CT. Best xp is actually from another person making glyphs and then you decon'ing them. What level is your enchanting currently? I am at like 39 now or something and have must been breaking down what I find when im grinding.
  • TraumaHawk
    TraumaHawk
    ✭✭
    I cant remember offhand and servers are down for patch but I can make vr1-3 lvl glyphs is about what I'm up to. I think my enchantment is like around lvl 26?
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey man. This is Kryshael from CT. Best xp is actually from another person making glyphs and then you decon'ing them. What level is your enchanting currently? I am at like 39 now or something and have must been breaking down what I find when im grinding.

I agree. To add a bit more info, you get the most from quality glyphs. For example, you get more xp deconstructing player made yellows, purples, blues, and greens. However, the highest quality runes are in demand at the moment.

With regards to drops, undead and daedra seem to be the best sources though I have some success in areas with a lot of spellcasters.

Good luck.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • neueregel
    neueregel
    ✭✭✭
    I got about 30 from just questing last night in about 2 hours. What gets me is that the npc dropped glyphs are never anything but white. If armor/weapons drop as green/blue/purple... why cant glyphs?
    Are you not entertained?
    On my command, unleash hell!
    What we do in life echoes in eternity
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    neueregel wrote: »
    I got about 30 from just questing last night in about 2 hours. What gets me is that the npc dropped glyphs are never anything but white. If armor/weapons drop as green/blue/purple... why cant glyphs?

Green glyphs are usually a Enchanting Writ reward (along with a soul gem). However, at 1 writ a day and 1 Glyph Reward a day... it would take a long time.
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
  • TraumaHawk
    TraumaHawk
    ✭✭
    I heard pick up glyphs you get the most from decon and second most xp from player made
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TraumaHawk wrote: »
    I heard pick up glyphs you get the most from decon and second most xp from player made

1. Looted Glyphs
    2. Deconning Loot Glyphs/Glyphs you make for an Alt or from another player
    3. Glyphs you just made to be deconned on the same character

Note, the player made increase is not so much that I will ever hastle with making a bunch of Glyphs for someone else to decon ever again. Without a method to conveniently transfer items between players in bulk, it is not worth the hassle to do this. Yes, you could use a Guild Bank, if you both have the privileges and there is enough space to make this work.

It is easier and faster in the long run to go farm zombies and other undead for Glyphs. Plus I get money and other loot too.

Edited by Nestor on August 10, 2015 3:43PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• bbritton8883525_ESO
    Gonna test something in a minute when I log in.....Will update after.
  • DonBeech
    DonBeech
    Just created a glyph but couldn't send it to my mates?!?
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    I buy quality glyphs from guild traders to deconstruct. It supplements whatever glyphs I get from drops and speeds up leveling.
  • Lokustreign
    Lokustreign
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    TraumaHawk wrote: »

1. Other Player Made Glyphs
    2. Deconning Loot Glyphs/Glyphs you make for an Alt
    3. Glyphs you just made to be deconned on the same character

Note, the player made increase is not so much that I will ever hastle with making a bunch of Glyphs for someone else to decon ever again. Without a method to conveniently transfer items between players in bulk, it is not worth the hassle to do this. Yes, you could use a Guild Bank, if you both have the privileges and there is enough space to make this work.

It is easier and faster in the long run to go farm zombies and other undead for Glyphs. Plus I get money and other loot too.

Hey, can you list some specific locations? I see you suggest this a lot on these kinds of threads, but never an actual location. I tried Shroud Hearth Barrow since it also has a lot of containers, but I didn't get too many glyphs. Any other places you like to farm for glyphs?
    Diomedeidae - DC - VR8 Sorcerer
    High on Fire - DC - 36 Nightblade
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm I don't think I've ever gotten a glyph from a container. Only from NPCs or writs.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, can you list some specific locations? I see you suggest this a lot on these kinds of threads, but never an actual location. I tried Shroud Hearth Barrow since it also has a lot of containers, but I didn't get too many glyphs. Any other places you like to farm for glyphs?

Glyphs drop the most from mobs, I rarely ever get one from a container. Undead/Daedra and Humans drop the most, although lately I have seen animals dropping them too.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• woojmcd
    woojmcd
    I need help too creating and deconstructing with another player. Im 32 enchanting looking for someone with similar levels. Message aruban scuban on xbox one if interested
    Xbox One
    Salidan V14 Templar • Fel Winter V7 Nightblade
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I apologize if this is a newbie question, however how are the levels structured? Does each level require the same amount of IP in order to reach the next level, or does each level require progressively more IP?
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Lokustreign
    Lokustreign
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Glyphs drop the most from mobs, I rarely ever get one from a container. Undead/Daedra and Humans drop the most, although lately I have seen animals dropping them too.

lols. You totally glossed over my question. Do you have a specific location where you know there are a lot of undead? Not much information about it online, which is why I asked.
  • Lokustreign
    Lokustreign
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Hmmm I don't think I've ever gotten a glyph from a container. Only from NPCs or writs.

Wasn't saying you get glyphs from containers, I was simply saying that on top of having a lot of undead, SHB also has a lot of containers.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience, enchanting inspiration (crafting xp) significantly increases with the quality of player made glyph.

You get the most inspiration crafting and deconstructing yellow glyphs (made by other character/pc made).

Green xp is better than white, blue is better than green, purple better than blue, etc.

However, given the value of the better aspect runes (eg yellow = ~4k ea), I don't recommend it.

With regards to drops, regular mobs drop white. I can't recall offhand if I got any better ones from named mobs or any from a random chest or dolmen reward.
    Edited by BenevolentBowd on August 11, 2015 3:43PM