Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

A Burst of Speed and Weapon Sound

Zephyr01
Zephyr01
✭✭
What causes my character to sometimes get a burst of speed and have green vapours coming from him?

And why do I sometimes hear a Weapon 'ka ching' sound (no, it's not money, lol)?
  • srs121
    srs121
    ✭✭
    That is because an ally or friendly player is casting an ability called Rapid Maneuver. This grants +40% speed increase.

It is located under the Assault Skill line, which you get from the PVP. campaigns.
    Interested in joining a PvE focused clan? Feel free to contact me.

Alliance : Aldmeri Dominion
    Platform : Playstation 4
    PSN : srs121
    Server : North American
  • BoozeKashi
    BoozeKashi
    ✭✭
    Additionally, the 'ka ching' sound usually indicates you have new mail, though it seems kind of sporadic/unreliable.
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    I thought it may have come from another person too. Next time it happens I'll look behind me to see who else is moving rapidly.

Mail? I'll check it out next time it happens.

Thanks for your suggestions.
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    That noise may also be some one's weapon being drawn, as the speed effect can cause a player to draw weapons.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you're describing is the ability Quick Cloak. It's the dual wield morph of Blade Cloak, it gives major expedition and makes a unique sound on activation which is similar to what you described phonetically.

Otherwise it could be from the 5 piece of Vicious Ophidian set, which makes you glow green and grants 30% move speed on kill. Test em both and see I guess.
    Edited by Gilliamtherogue on August 10, 2015 1:37AM
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    These things don't happen at the same time. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

The 'Ka-ching' sound happens when I'm on my own and my weapon is drawn. I can be in combat - or not.

Re: Gilliamtherogue. I have neither of those abilities. But if someone activates those Skills them near me would it affect my character? And would someone activate those Skills in a town?

Thanks for your suggestions.
  • srs121
    srs121
    ✭✭
    It affects any friendly player around you. So if someone activates it and your close to them you will get this speed boost.
    Interested in joining a PvE focused clan? Feel free to contact me.

Alliance : Aldmeri Dominion
    Platform : Playstation 4
    PSN : srs121
    Server : North American