The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nvidia settings that may or may not work for you.

Vanilie
Vanilie
Soul Shriven
Computer details for comparison:
-Intel I5 3570k @ 4,5Ghz.
-8GB ddr3 2133Mhz.
-MSI Geforce GTX 760 gaming, core +100Mhz.
-Eso on SSD HDD.
Windows 7 64bit, all updates installed.

Nvidia driver 340.43 beta.

Eso settings:
-All ultra or ON except eso's own vertical sync is OFF.
-View distance 65 !!! This is very important for good fps as you need monster computer to run smooth with 100.

Add eso.exe to your nvidia control panel programs for custom settings.
chance the following:
-Triple buffering = ON (you may disable this if you dont like the small input delay it may add)
-Vertical Sync = Adaptive. (This will use vsync when fps are at your monitors refresh rate and disable vsync when lower)
-Multible display / GPU-acceleration = Single display performance mode
-Energy saving = Prefer maximum performance.

Before you do these changes you may want to delete usersettings.txt and ShaderCache.cooked files and start game once. The files are located in documents\elder scrolls online\live (or liveeu).

This configuration gives me guite steady 60fps (notice vsync) almost everywhere and has never dropped below 25 in huge battles in cyrodiil. The notorious fps bug has happened to me just once and i'we played guite alot in cyrodiil too.

Hope this helps even some of you strugling with poor performance.

-Vanilie

• LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me, usually the Experience app optimizes ESO to the point I don't need to do anything else.

YMMV, for others.
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• Vanilie
    Vanilie
    Soul Shriven
    For me the experience app tries to set View distance to 100 :confused:
  • Caduryn
    Caduryn
    ✭✭✭
    Well i have a:

AMD Phenom II x4 955 (3.2ghz)
    Geforce GTX660oc
    8 GB DDR3

and View Distance 100 was never a problem before 1.2.3.
  • Paulhewhewria
    Paulhewhewria
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is an old topic,but this did help me.