The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

High Elf Sorc Build DPS

SheHellaBuff
SheHellaBuff
Soul Shriven
So im pretty new to this game and i did some research before actually making a character and ive decided to make a Dps Build. I will list the skills i have in case i forgot something, please let me know if this is a good build or not. I also am planning to focus all my points towards Magika.

High Elf Sorc for DPS

Main Bar

Weapon: Destruction Fire Staff

- Inner Light ---> Mage Light

- Force Pulse --> Force Shock

- Bound Aegis --> Bound Armour

- Crystal Fragments

- Liquid Lightning --> Lightning Splash

- Shooting Star --> Meteor

Bar 2

Weapon Destruction Fire Staff

- Inner Light

- Power Surge --> Surge

- Bound Aegis

- Elemental Ring --> Impulse

- Mages Wrath --> Endless Fury

- Energy Overload
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks decent, it will work. You could also use Surge on your Overload bar and replace it on your 2nd bar.
    You always need 1 defensive ability. I am sick of brainless DDs in dungeons who don't even consider being a BIT independant and protecting themselves with a simple thing such as a damage shield ?

I wouldn't even DARE entering a dungeon without a single self protection. Shame on you DDs shame on you :dizzy:
    Okay sorry....
    I would also suggest using Pulsar (Impulse morph) instead of Elemental Ring. The damage of elemental ring is very sad and only usefull if you want to use Valkyn Skoria. Pulsar instantly drains 10% of your enemies health and fights are too short to profit from Elemental ring anyway.

I would also suggest using Endless Fury instead and maybe even weakness of elements. This way you can use damage glpyhs and don't run out of Magicka. And Meteor is probably not so good for Sorcerers.
    Simply because Overload spam is better and you might want to save up your Ultimate energy for that, but that's up to you, Meteor is decent.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Looks decent, it will work. You could also use Surge on your Overload bar and replace it on your 2nd bar.
    You always need 1 defensive ability. I am sick of brainless DDs in dungeons who don't even consider being a BIT independant and protecting themselves with a simple thing such as a damage shield ?

I wouldn't even DARE entering a dungeon without a single self protection. Shame on you DDs shame on you :dizzy:
    Okay sorry....
    I would also suggest using Pulsar (Impulse morph) instead of Elemental Ring. The damage of elemental ring is very sad and only usefull if you want to use Valkyn Skoria. Pulsar instantly drains 10% of your enemies health and fights are too short to profit from Elemental ring anyway.

I would also suggest using Endless Fury instead and maybe even weakness of elements. This way you can use damage glpyhs and don't run out of Magicka. And Meteor is probably not so good for Sorcerers.
    Simply because Overload spam is better and you might want to save up your Ultimate energy for that, but that's up to you, Meteor is decent.
    I agree, where's Hardened Ward? :tongue:

And Meteor is wonderful for sorcerers - for aoe damage. Shooting Star morph also makes it refill pretty fast:P Single target, yes Overload is better, although extremely buggy. I have Overload on my single target bar and Shooting Star on aoe one. I also use Entropy instead of Surge because it costs effing 7 times cheaper.
    Personally I don't find Bound armor worth it because that's 2(3 counting one on Overload bar) slots wasted just for it. The damage mitigation it gives is nonexistant now, 8% magicka...good, but not good enough to justify those 2 slots. That's up to you though, if you're sure you don't need anything else in those 2 slots.
    I usually use Bound Armor on my Overload bar - gain 1k ulti, grab a master 2h, replace Valkyn's with Torug's, summon Bound Armor and Overload the heck out of them :tongue:

Also, I personally still prefer Crushing Shock over Force Pulse because I don't think the little bit extra damage pays for not having a handy interrupt. That's argueable though, I know plenty of people who use either morph and are happy with it.
    Options
  • Cyrediath
    Cyrediath
    ✭✭✭
    Where is magicka detonation+curse. Best combo of magicka sorcerer builds. Also use dual wield for more spell power.
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would suggest a slight change in your bar lay out:

-> second bar DW swords instead of destro staff
    -> surge to you overload bar -> and replace it with hardend ward
    -> exchange lightning splash with pulse and use elemental drain (if not provided by others) instead of pulse in non AE boss fights

and do not forget to retoggle magelight before using a crystal frag

Cyrediath wrote: »
    Where is magicka detonation+curse. Best combo of magicka sorcerer builds. Also use dual wield for more spell power.
    its garbage in group-pve
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options