Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

I think swap bar is soooo slow on ps4.

gtzempe_PAO_13
Hello guys. Im v14 nightblade (PS4) and while playing pvp with a lot of ppl weapon swap bar is too laggy or generally on pvp is too slow...

Dont have eso experience on pc but as i see on videos or livestream weapon swap is a lot faster than ps4. Any opinions?
Edited by gtzempe_PAO_13 on August 7, 2015 3:04PM
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    The weapon swap functionality use to be terribly laggy on PC. They did a lot of improvements to streamline things, and I personally haven't noticed problems in that area for a loooong time (others may have different experiences, of course).

I can't speak to how weapon swap performs on consoles, but I imagine that if it is a widespread problem the developers will work on improving it, just as they did on PC/Mac. Just might take some time to work out the kinks.

If this is only happening in PvP, it might just be part of the general lag that still plagues Cyrodiil. PvP lag has been a problem for ages. There are some fixes going in with the next Major Patch that are supposed to reduce some demands on the server and improve lag, but I doubt it will make things perfect.
  • danew6
    danew6
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on PS4 and my weapon swap is almost instant. I'm playing in pve though and almost always solo and there is hardly ever anyone else around.
    Play on PS4 I do like the game, I just feel it could be a lot better and would like to feel like the devolpers actually care about the game and not just making money
  • GreeKk
    GreeKk
    Soul Shriven
    I agree. Its really laggy and I find it annoying when im switching to my buff/shield bar for my sorc. I have horrible internet connection. My GF has really fast internet and when im over there I can switch bars seemingly fast. So it may just be a problem with your internet. Just a guess.
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I can agree on this, however for the majority of the time for me personally, it works fine.

But within a zerg battle? Forget it! lolol
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weapon swap has been horrible since the game launched on PC. They eventually, after several patches, improved it to semi-working level, but broke again with the weapon swap lock feature. If you perform some action, the lock will activate and for a short period of time commands to swap weapons/bars are discarded, therefore one has to fit into windows in between locks to successfully swap weapons (or use potions, that is blocked too); stop doing anything, swap, start doing things again. Prior to this, weapons swapped during action (it cancelled skill animations).
    Which is remarkable, because while other problems were, say, glitches, this seems to be deliberate. And even though I can imagine they had some reasons, how they could go on with it is beyond me. I mean...come on, the game discards player input now. How is it supposed to be even remotely responsive? The first person playing it after this change must have noticed how crippling and infinitely worse it is. Is the code really such bloody mess that hiding it behind the lock was the lesser evil? Or nobody actually plays the game anymore?
    And I am not even talking about speed (or lack of it) when weapons do swap.

So, it is so bad on PCs it can hardly be even worse on consoles.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on August 8, 2015 1:07AM
  • FSOKRYPTO
    FSOKRYPTO
    More than the lag of it i want to button swap it... it's in a terrible place.. i want in on my r3 or l3 buttons but NOOOO we cant remap controlss.... NOT THE DPAD ZOS.. its used way to much to have to use the damn dpad for it... please let us map ourselfs. or add on mouse keyboard support. keyboard only works for chat..