The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

RP Trade?

Frozstee
Frozstee
✭✭✭
Just another day in the hustle and bustle of the Redfur Trading Post. The skies are bright with only a few spots of clouds, an equally smoothing breeze passing through with fresh scents of the marketplace. The small outpost was a perfect place for those who had goods to unload, or those looking to procure those same goods with a deft hand. It was well known that thieves played a large role in keeping Redfur Trading Post operational, it was their part to keep prices and merchants honest. As long as the thief wasn't too brazen, heavy of foot, or poor with a lock pick, then the guards of Jode's Chariot would play their part in keeping the thieves' operations under wraps.

Such a wondrous place...
Zharum had thought this each and every time when traveling through the Trading Post. Perhaps it was the proximity to the forests, or the company of the other Khajiit's that lived at the Trading Post, or just that it was easy to turn a few coins before venturing towards large prey. Either way the small Trading Post always curled Zharum's lips in enjoyment. After a quick rest to sit and sip on some moonsugar tea at the little tavern area, he continued to waltz around the market.
To his luck, Zharum noticed what appeared to be a recently emptied merchant table under a tent. Rather than await the actual owner of the table, or even ask it it was okay to proceed, Zharum plopped his goods down on the table and started to haphazardly sort trinkets and items on the table.

"Greetings Friend! Yes, yes you!
Zharum has a great many things to offer from ... *ahems*
Adventuring of course! Why don't you come and have a look? This one also is quite skilled in metal crafting and could teach these as well."

((OOC: Was curious to see if other players like me have been collecting items to trade around, but would rather keep the trade circulating between RPers? Sort of a RP back and forth via the forums or ingame. Not sure if this is effected by the ZOS trading rules, but it's more about the RP so I'm hoping this approach will be okay. If anyone would like to inquire to what Zharum has please reply or msg me at my gamertag and I will gladly chat with you.))
GT: Frozstee = Xbox - NA =
"Bright Moons, and Sharp Claws my friends." - Zarum
  • zedich
    zedich
    A woman moved among the merchant stalls and tents. She wore tight fitting leather armor styled in the Breton way, perhaps it was natural as the woman herself was Breton. She walked not to fast and no to slowly, her emerald green eyes scanning over the wares of each merchant carefully. She wore two daggers on her hips, they swayed gently with each strut of her lithe form. She approached Zharum's table before he seemed to even be finished placing his wares. Her coppery hair hung back, just at her shoulder blades. The woman's features were soft and very appealing, though that was generally the case with young Breton women. She picked up a dagger and traced a finger along the flat of the blade, setting it down she placed her emerald gaze on the man and smiled gently.
    "You craft metal you said?" She asked.
    "I need a new set of gauntlets." She placed a wrapped something onto his table as she spoke, and began unwrapping it. She revealed two plated gauntlets in the Breton style, they were bent and broken, the knuckles looked as if they had been used for punching a mountain.
    "I'm looking for someone who can make a new pair, preferably a pair that can withstand more trauma."
  • Frozstee
    Frozstee
    ✭✭✭
    Zharum's tail flickered back and forth as he was quickly sorted items onto the table with a coy smirk. His bright crimson eyes had caught a glimpse of a Breton female wandering towards his wares, it looked like she was interested. Now what better way to garish attention than with a perfectly crafted and quite shiny Orichalcum dagger. Zharum made sure to play with the dagger just long enough to get her attention before setting it down on the table.

The young Breton lady was quite stunning, in dress and form, a fine customer for Zharum to speak with. She approached his newly acquired merchant's table with a look of someone who knew what she wanted, yet spoke with a much gentler tone than Zharum would normally expected.

"Ah yes, Zharum is rather talented with folding metals." He replied to her with a smile and happy tone. Trying to boast his own claims of course, he begun preening some of his claws while speaking. "This one is training to be one of Tamriel's greatest swordsmiths...." His self promotion came to a sudden halt as the young Breton set down a pair of metal gauntlets which judging by the condition, had served it's fair share of adventures. Zharum blinked a few times, looking at the gauntlets and then at the lady.
    "This one is impressed... Zharum would not of thought such a lady would be one for the types of adventures required to cause this much metal damage." The Khajiit ran his fingertips over the gauntlets, inspecting them while he continued with a smile. "Zharum is quite versed in the Breton style of crafting, though this one has not spent much time researching all the complexities that metal armor can offer. This one wears leathers, which was also hand crafted."

Hoping to keep the young lady's attention after admitting to his less than formidable knowledge of metal armors. Zharum offered more insight on to other things he may be able to help with.

"Zharum can make plain steel or Orichalcum gauntlets for now, or if lovely Breton lady wishes, Zharum can play with the metals and research a better method to have stronger gauntlets, yes? ... Or a new dagger?"

The Khajiit offered a polite smile to her, perhaps his charm would help the sale!
    Edited by Frozstee on August 3, 2015 5:09PM
  • zedich
    zedich
    The woman held a soft smile as he spoke, her emerald eyes reflected the light of the sun just enough to make them appear brighter.
    "The particular style of gauntlet does not concern me." She said when he was done speaking. "Perhaps we could help each other in a way...if you require practice in the field of armor crafting, I would be willing to commission you for a new pair of gauntlets each time I break them. This will give you a chance to hone your skills, improving on designs of the past and a steady income of gold into your...paws." She said the last word slowly and intentionally, her green eyes drifting down to examine his hands. Was he charming her? Or was she trying to charm him?

"I'm sure an obviously able Khajiit as yourself can provide me with an adequate replacement for the moment. When you are forging, keep in mind that I tend to fight with my fists." She taps her foot against the ground, producing a metal clink from her plated boots. "And I kick."
  • Frozstee
    Frozstee
    ✭✭✭
    "...and a steady income of gold into your...paws." Her words were like music to Zharum's ears. What could be better a charming Breton lady with a knack for demolishing armor, with a coin purse non the less! A toothy grin sprawled across the Khajiit's face, nodding happily to her as she spoke.

"This one is indeed able to provide." He spoke while bringing a balled hand up over his chest, saluting lightly while bowing his head some. "Such a generous offer too! Zharum is pleased to assist with crafting for you on commission. Just ask and Zharum will craft any weapon or armor you wish. This one knows how to craft in nearly all motifs, such is the benefits of Zharum's many adventures."

He spoke with his constant bit of charm and excitement, tapping his fingers along the top of the merchant table.
    "This one can begin to craft you a new pair of gauntlets and boots right away, if you care to let this one inspect your current ones... for proper sizing of course Miss.." The Khajiit paused a moment now realizing of what name this lovely Breton was given. Zharum grinned towards her awaiting a name.

• zedich
    zedich
    "My name is Kyranta, and I do not require new boots at this time. I rarely get a chance to kick." She said with a slight grin, her eyes looking to the broken gauntlets on the table. "Though I do appreciate the attempt to have me remove an article of clothing.
    "However, if your produced gauntlets meet with my needs then I will be commissioning a pair of boots to match the gauntlets of course. How long until I can expect your first pair?"