Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EP: Hearts of Darkness and Sadal's Overthrower

ethrealecho
ethrealecho
Soul Shriven
Salutations, all.
Hopefully, no spoilers are involved with this situation, but I'd love some assistance!

I have been reviewing my achievements on a whim, and have noticed that in spite of achieving "Ebonheart Pact Hero", I have not fulfilled both A.) Hearts of Darkness ("Stop Taval from unleashing the second brother of strife; in spite of completing the other requirements) and B.) Sadal's Overthrower. Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me recall where or whom to speak with to initiate these final steps for the achievements....

I would be exceptionally grateful if someome might be able to point out how to complete these final steps, as they are the last of my Ebonheart Quest acheivements!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like you skipped over the end of the story in Stonefalls, so you'll need to head back there and find out where you lost the story thread. If the icon for Kragenmoor is white, then you need to go to the Tormented Spire and complete the quests Climbing the Spire, Opening the Portal and Sadal's Final Defeat. It's possible that you may already have done one of them, in which case you'll need to enter the Tormented Spire and head to the summit to find the remaining quests.

If the icon for Kragenmoor is black, you need to complete Aggressive Negotiations and Saving the Son, and then the three quests at Tormented Spire.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ethrealecho
    ethrealecho
    Soul Shriven
    @Enodoc , thank you very much for your prompt guidance, I'm very grateful. I seem to recall finishing the main story for the zone, but I could be mistaken. (I do recall destroying a rather large, molten boss figure). I think I found the tormented spire (red swirly portal) at the base of the mountain, but I am simply ejected from it when I try to enter. No quests are available at that location either. At work now, but I'll check on kragenmoor. Thank you!
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    "I do recall destroying a rather large, molten boss figure"

As the "second brother of strife" is implicating, there are two of them. Balreth and Sadal.

If you have General Serien's demise you have done fort Virak. The bridging quest "City at the spire" is given by Holgunn, just outside Virak's keep in fort Virak.

IUt might be that you did the bridging quest and are stuck at "Aggressive Negotiations" (questgiver is Grandmaster Dres inside Kragenmoor keep) or Saving the sun (Questgiver is Denu Faren inside Kragenmoor keep).

You can not enter the tormented spire cause you are missing atleast one of the above quests at Kragenmoor, so no use hanging around there.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU