Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2 questions in relation to plot (Dominion attack and EP presence - spoilers?)

DXCortEX
DXCortEX
✭✭
After going through the whole questline for Daggerfall, i was left to wonder a few things. First, related to the supposed attack of the Dominion on Daggerfall and the Betnikh artifact: when you meet Nicolene, later in Shornhelm i believe, she mentions the relic saving (if you saved it, of course) her brothers from the Aldmeri attack. But, my question is, when is this supposed to happen? Is it during your character's supposed questing in Stormhaven? Is it simply unknown, just that it kinda happened in-between events?

Second question i have is is there a Pact incursion in the Covenant storyline? I'm wondering if i missed it completely. I mean, there's the Aldmeri in NW Glenumbra, the Imperials in Alik'r/Bangkorai, but where is the Pact? It's bothering me, especially since i started EP and we immediately face Covenant troops, while there are also EP troops in Auridon. I just realized it was kind of weird there were none i saw, considering the Covenant's assault on Ebonheart.
Or is it a simple way to link all the alliances (Daggefall attack Ebonheart, Ebonheart attack Aldmeri, Aldmeri attack Daggerfall) without making one the OBLIVIOUS bad guy of the game (since that's for the Imperials)? It seems this would also be linked to the way Caldwell's silver would work: the first alliance you go to is the one who was attacking you.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    How many aldmeri dominion foes do you encounter in Stonefalls?

To me it is a bit the same in all three alliances. It seems that the pact is mostly attacking the dominion, the dominion is mostly attacking the convenant, and the convenant is mostly attacking the pact.

As for your first question..

The issue with games and lore is that in games players like to have different options, but those options influence the outcome of events and therefor lore. As each player makes different choices, this poses a problem bout what the actual lore is.
    for example, daggefall had bout 6 possible outcomes that differ a lot from eachother and how nirn would be shaped afterwards.
    To solve this problem the game has invented the dragon break. in case of daggerfall it is called "warp in the west". It means that all outcomes happen at the same time, eventhough they are opposites.
    The same seems to happen in ESO-timeframe. The events in all three alliances happen at the same time, even if they are contradicting. See it as alternate timelines all coming together, making it as if all three happened.

So it happened at the same time you where playing in Stonefalls, but not when you where actually playing in stonefalls.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU