Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Oghma Infinium - A character tracking addon.

• Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for the lapse in updates!
    I had a busy few months, but I am finally done with it and ready to come back to ESO!!

A few things, The addon and desktop application are close to being ready for another release, Currently the addon is in 1.6, but i have not released it as a official one. Just compile it off the github.

@yodased has been doing a lot of work on the front end website as I understand.

Please stay tuned!

-Bc
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    Party skill overlap - an addon that will work with other members in your group that use Oghma Infinium. Lets say they load on a destro staff with elemental drain and hit update, and you load on a staff, elemental drain, and update. When you hit the 2nd update, an overlap will be picked up as the mod pulls in your build and theirs, letting you know of the overlap. In other cases, since the new major/minor buff system has so much class overlap, this would let you know which buffs you use that could conflict with a separate ability, without having to get specific details About everyone's build. This could also be used to detect internal overlaps in your skills.

Not a bad idea, however this may require something like in game messaging or mail from the client to the other client as sending the update with the desktop app requires ESO to put the data to file, which can take some time. So I think (if we were to do this) it would be done through a special chat tab on each client that OI uses to communicate with encoded data, then it could put a popup or something... Just my first thoughts on it :)

-Bc

• HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which part of the data? I was thinking you hit the update, submit file with your build and party members, and then it would download their setup in some raw form. Though no need to download if they haven't updated since the last time you pulled.the comparison can then be on the Lua code, if there is concern about burdening the server.

Alternatively we perform the calculation on the server and only send information about the alert.
    Edited by HeroOfNone on March 25, 2015 12:45PM
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    Which part of the data? I was thinking you hit the update, submit file with your build and party members, and then it would download their setup in some raw form. Though no need to download if they haven't updated since the last time you pulled.the comparison can then be on the Lua code, if there is concern about burdening the server.

Alternatively we perform the calculation on the server and only send information about the alert.

The problem is that we cant get the data out of the game until the data is saved to the file by ESO, which is not very often.

So my thought was to do the data calc in the lua code and then send the information to the group in a encoded group chat message with a header of some sort so that the other clients lua code can read it and then notify the user in a popup of some sort.

Sending the data to the server would not be practical because we can't get it to the server from the client fast enough.

-Bc
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible to grey out the update button till the file is written to? See they make a change, wait till the file file's update time is later than the change, update button now enabled?
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    Is it possible to grey out the update button till the file is written to? See they make a change, wait till the file file's update time is later than the change, update button now enabled?

I can look into that, I am not completely sure to be honest. Registering a file change may be out of the range of the lua API. I will look into it when I can.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoL let's get the thing working before we start trying to update other people's clients with updates.

This is a character tracker after all, not a party tracker.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    LoL let's get the thing working before we start trying to update other people's clients with updates.

This is a character tracker after all, not a party tracker.

Agreed.
  • Head.hunter
    Head.hunter
    ✭✭✭
    I used to think that collecting enough tomes in the game and bringing them to Hermaeus Mora you would get infinite stat boosting potential. I was sure this was the ESO major secret no one talked about LOL. What a fool I was, then.
    I'm just a banana from another dimension.
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    We are close to a release for the end of phase one!! This means A LOT of things, I will try to explain as best I can.

Phase 1 has been about getting the addon off the ground, getting it recognized, getting it working. Since we have over 130 people supporting in advanced, we have recognition, we have a working draft of the addon, and we got everything set up.

@yodased has been working very hard on the site, and I have been working very, very hard on a application that will help a lot (this application has to do with the site and does not affect your client, therefor it is closed source and not downloadable.)

Update six was not brutal at all compared to what we were expecting, i barely had to change the source. this means that updates six version of our addon is currently on the github ( I will post all the links at the end.)

The desktop application is a little clunky, but getting to where we want it. At the end of phase one we will be removing the option to use the in game copy paste function, because if you have just a few buffs the boxes get filled immediately, let alone equips.So basically it was not much of a option to start with.

We do not have a estimated release date for the end of phase one, but it will be much sooner than we expected. I will need to do much more work on the lua code, and clean up the java code. once I am confident that it is how we envisioned it, I will be ready.

@yodased is working very hard on the front end, and says he will have a build for the front end up and running this weekend.

Basically we are nearing phase two, and are just rapping up the finishing touches on everything.

We thank you for your continuing patience.

-Bc

LINKS:

Lua: https://github.com/Bc1151/Oghma-Infinium

Java: https://github.com/Bc1151/Oghma-Infinium-Desktop

Home Page: http://oghmainfinium.com/

jenkins (runnable java): http://jenkins.bc1151.com/job/Oghma-Infinium-Desktop/57/com.Bc1151.OghmaInfinium$OghmaInfinium/

• Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    Something doesn't appear to be right on my end. First, what is the purpose of the link "jenkins (runnable java)"? What do I do with that? Second, I attempted to execute OghmaInfinium-0.109-SNAPSHOT.jar and I get a very rough looking window without any buttons but an X to close it. I clicked around in the bottom left and there must have been a button hidden there because I got a browse dialog. I browsed to my saved variables and loaded OghmaInfinium.lua and nothing seems to happen. I guess I'm doing it wrong.

Pic of the app on first open:
    http://i.imgur.com/JCPxoYK.jpg

Pic of the app after I load the saved variables:
    http://i.imgur.com/V3yDn6m.jpg

This sounds like a pretty neat idea. I stumbled upon this project while trying to find a way to export my spent skill points. I thought it would be handy to have this information for respecs and when ZOS resets our points and we need to know how we had them spent previously.
    Edited by Ignotus on April 10, 2015 6:13AM
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    Ignotus wrote: »
    Something doesn't appear to be right on my end. First, what is the purpose of the link "jenkins (runnable java)"? What do I do with that? Second, I attempted to execute OghmaInfinium-0.109-SNAPSHOT.jar and I get a very rough looking window without any buttons but an X to close it. I clicked around in the bottom left and there must have been a button hidden there because I got a browse dialog. I browsed to my saved variables and loaded OghmaInfinium.lua and nothing seems to happen. I guess I'm doing it wrong.

Pic of the app on first open:
    http://i.imgur.com/JCPxoYK.jpg

Pic of the app after I load the saved variables:
    http://i.imgur.com/V3yDn6m.jpg

This sounds like a pretty neat idea. I stumbled upon this project while trying to find a way to export my spent skill points. I thought it would be handy to have this information for respecs and when ZOS resets our points and we need to know how we had them spent previously.

You have a outdated Java client, the Java application is not fully tested and does not have a release.

I have been having issues with the jenkins, it may be on my end. But ensure that it is the latest build.

The latest build should have a black colour scheme.

I will rebuild it and push it to the jenkins when I get a chance.

-Bc
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    I updated Java from v8 update 31 to v8 update 40, which java.com reports as the current version. I also uninstalled the old version. The application still looks the same as before. I haven't rebooted yet, so I'll try that later.

http://i.imgur.com/lGI0lES.png
    Edited by Ignotus on April 11, 2015 12:37AM
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    That link did it! I must have downloaded the wrong item. Thank you! ;)
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: I am truly sorry everyone, I have been very busy with schooling and have had little time for gaming. This project is still my main priority in respects to coding; However I must complete my education first. For the next month or so, I can only putter at it. Once I have completed my finals I will pick the project back up again. My final test is on June 20th. I will pick this up as soon after that as possible.
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so the full armory - i mean all gear - still planned?
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    QuadroTony wrote: »
    so the full armory - i mean all gear - still planned?

As far as I am concerned, yes. I have not heard from @yodased in a while, but he has been busy with work.
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like abandoned
    Edited by QuadroTony on August 7, 2015 4:55PM
  • RollDodger
    RollDodger
    ✭✭
    Really? You couldn't put anywhere that it's a stats viewer? I mean ****ing seriously? I had to look at two different sites to just figure out wtf this addon does? No thank you, even if i wanted this I would never download it because of your lack of description.
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    It's not abandoned.. I am still working on it, however I have not heard from @yodased for some time now.. I am not sure what has happened to him. I will post updates when I know more.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im alive! I just shifted to a new job and to the ps 4. Will be back on this soon, but with all the changes to the game it gets annoying
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RollDodger wrote: »
    Really? You couldn't put anywhere that it's a stats viewer? I mean ****ing seriously? I had to look at two different sites to just figure out wtf this addon does? No thank you, even if i wanted this I would never download it because of your lack of description.

Ok well cya
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    3, going on 4 years and nothing new. Sigh. Guess you fell into the PS4 soul-sucking abyss. Thanks for the effort tho. Maybe ZOS will make an official one.
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.