Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Primal/Barbaric/Daedric Crafting styles

cinnamonbooty
Good evening, ladies and gents.

I was curious; are players able to learn the Primal/Barbaric/Daedric crafting styles at any level? I understand a player won't find these books until Veteran Level, But I was wondering if people generally sell any extra books they have, or if it's even possible for, say, a level 30 to craft items in this style.

Cheers

Cinnamon
Cinnamon
  • DannnyBOii
    DannnyBOii
    Soul Shriven
    Hey mate,

As far as I know you can learn any style once you achieve rank 7 in either Clothing, Metalworking or Woodworking.

Anyone who has the style can craft it however it is much harder for a low lvl character to find the Style materials used craft rare styles.

Yes, players do farm and sell rare motifs but they seem to go for anywhere between 50-150k. So id suggest just waiting as there are ways to guarantee finding rare motifs once you reach Veteran ranks.
    "The more knowledge you get, the more questions you ask. The smarter you get, the more you realize that everything can be possible." - Georges St-Pierre
    GT: Dannny BOii
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of those motifs go for over 50k (at least on PC, not sure about consoles, don't really care either).

The motifs also tell you what rank you need to be at in regards to BS/WW/CL for you to learn them.
    Edited by Scyantific on August 4, 2015 2:07AM
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Technically yes you can learn any motif at any level. Assuming you have the skill points and money for it, you could teach a fresh lv 3 every motif if you really wanted to.

If your using the motifs found in-game then your character must reach a certain rank in either the Metalworking, Tailoring or Woodworking crafting passives. What rank is required depends on which motif you wish to learn (Primal is 6, Barbaric is 7, Ancient Elf is 8, Daedric is 9). So if you wanted to learn to craft Daedric as a Clothier then you'd have to invest 9 points into the Tailoring passive. Thankfully once you learn the style for one craft you unlock it for all. So if you want to take up Blacksmithing later, since you already learned Daedric as a Clothier you can now make daedric even at rank one of Metalworking.

If you use the motifs from the crown store then there is no requirement and you can learn the motif at any time.
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • cinnamonbooty
    Alright neat, thanks for the answers !
    Cinnamon
  • cerf
    cerf
    I think it depends. I purchased barbaric from the crown store and was able to use it at blacksmithing rank 5. I purchased primal from a guild store and I can't even read the book until blacksmithing/clothing/woodworking rank 6. Daedric is rank 9, I believe. It'll say in the description of the book what rank you need.
    PSN: sifuhoot
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My recollection was:

Primal - 6
    Barbaric - 7
    Ancient Elf - 8
    Daedric - 9

Number means rank in the first passive ability of any one of the three crafting abilities (Clothier = 9 Tailoring, Woodworker = 9 Woodworking, Blacksmith = 9 Metalworking). Be mindful that only one is required to learn it and it can be used for every skill line irrespective if the other ones are lower rank or not.

Crown store motifs do not have this restriction and can be learned at any craft rank.
  • Drakk89815
    Drakk89815
    ✭✭
    Be careful cause you can only get the style mats until you hit high level areas either. They are extremely rare in normal areas.
    Xbox One - Drakk89815
  • cinnamonbooty
    ahh ok some strange stipulations, it may be worthwhile just to train my crafting skills and wait
    Cinnamon