Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

XP scrolls

JankH
JankH
hey, so I was thinking of getting some xp scrolls but before I do that I just wanna ask: How effective are they for someone who is VR 8 almost 9? sure they give you a 50% boost in xp but will that make a big difference? - the xp needed to level now is getting crazy and I just want to speed things up.

sorry if this might seem like a stupid question but I don't want to waste money on something that will barely change anything.

Thanks in advance to whoever responds :)
Edited by JankH on August 6, 2015 10:03AM
PC EU
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are doing regular questing, my stomach feeling tells me it is inefficient to use scrolls because of too much time spend running/talking/etc. You waste a substantial amount of time for that where you do not earn XP.

I only ever use Ambrosia (or, if you have them, the scrolls) for grinding.

That is my personal view only. Many may and will disagree.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Using xp enhancers is futile below VR11if you want to make you character as good as possible. The reason is that you want to complete everything for the skillpoints. The amount of xp for that is bout on par. So increasing the amount of xp gained with an enhancer will mean you will be doing things below your personal level. the result is that you gain less xp as punishment for using an enhancer. For v11-14, as graclorn doesnt give enough xp to reach vr14, it is a different story and can help to avoid a grind at vr 12-13
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do skill quests any time, doesn't matter what level you are.

Scrolls do make quite a bit of difference, think of it this way, if you level a entire vet level with a scroll active you'll get a vet rank when at only 66% of the exp needed without it (to 2 thirds without a scroll will get you a level if you have it activated during that vet rank)

Though only use them when you know decent grinding spots and have the skills/rotation down well to do it.

I used two scrolls to get me from vet 11.5-14 in about 3.5 hours.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...