Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Templar build help

Uriel_Nocturne
Uriel_Nocturne
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I am wanting to branch out to create a Vampire Templar.

My problem is, I am not used to using a Templar or the builds for them like I am with my Night Blades.

If my end goal is to have a Vampire Templar, aside from pumping a lot of attribute points into my Magicka score, what skills.powers/abilities are best to choose/use as I progress until I can get the Vampire Bite?

Any thoughts/advice on this would be appreciated, thank you for your time. :)

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• ChiefofCereal
    Okay I'm gonna be straight up with you, do NOT be a Vampire Templar. Templars at the moment are only really seen as Healers, and assuming that's what you want to be then being a Vampire will be absolutely destructive on you. I was a Templar Vampire healer, and the fire damage debuff just completely ruined a lot of end-game content for me. The passive magicka regen you get from being a vampire is nice, but none of that will matter when you see how easily fire damage will one-shot you once you get to veteran content.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I have a Dunmer Nighblade Vampire right now.

The racial resistance to Fire is quite nice, and I was going to mimic that with my Templar.

But that's not so good I take it?

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• ChiefofCereal

The racial resistance to Fire is quite nice, and I was going to mimic that with my Templar.

The only way you can truly counter-act the fire damage debuff is to put champion points into resistance for it and put more attributes into health, but if you do that then your builds will be lacking. Also on a Nightblade, unless you're going full on Magicka, Werewolf would be way better as you get a buff to stamina.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The only way you can truly counter-act the fire damage debuff is to put champion points into resistance for it and put more attributes into health, but if you do that then your builds will be lacking. Also on a Nightblade, unless you're going full on Magicka, Werewolf would be way better as you get a buff to stamina.
    That's kind of the whole point to running a Vampire.

Everything runs off of Magicka.

With the Siphoning skill line, my Nightblade rips and tears through enemies. My Nightblade is Assassination and Siphoning focused, with the Vampire Skills mixed in, he's a *** beast. The Dunmer Fire resistance actually helps quite a bit, and I have a guild mate who is going to craft me a nice ring of Fire resist to go on top of all that.

Looking at my play style and the fact that I use Stamina for almost nothing except dodge rolls, Werewolf is actually going to be one of the worst choices for me.

I figured if I could get the Templar going with the Aedric Spear and the Healing (whatever it's called ) skill line rolling, mixed in with the Vampire abilities, I should be able to reach or surpass the level of beastitude that my Nightblade Vampire has achieved.

I'm using a Khajiit Templar on the side right now to figure out the ins and outs of the Templar line, and to figure out how best to use Templar skills in a mix with Vampire skills.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a friend who has a templar build very similar to my own only real difference is I'm vr2 and human he vr3 and a vampire and he dies like 20 to 30% more often in dungeons than I do.

I don't rate the vampire with Templar, maybe try Sorcerer
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think you'll do just fine with a vampire templar. The magicka regen you get from that allows you to go with a different mundus stone at later levels. As a vampire in general, you need to watch out for fire damage period. It doesn't matter what class you are with it. The dungeons have a lot of fire damage and ground DoT's that will kill you quickly as a vampire.

The key to getting around that is CP into fire resistance. You can also toss a piece of fire resistance on one jewelry item with an enchant. Out in the world while questing you will be fine in 1st person view but you will need 3rd for dungeons so you can see the ground fire DoTs.

I believe that the new update Imperial City is also reducing the fire damage for Vampires.

Since you can be cured at any time, you can always try it and if it doesn't work out, switch to WW.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    Personally I think you'll do just fine with a vampire templar. The magicka regen you get from that allows you to go with a different mundus stone at later levels. As a vampire in general, you need to watch out for fire damage period. It doesn't matter what class you are with it. The dungeons have a lot of fire damage and ground DoT's that will kill you quickly as a vampire.

The key to getting around that is CP into fire resistance. You can also toss a piece of fire resistance on one jewelry item with an enchant. Out in the world while questing you will be fine in 1st person view but you will need 3rd for dungeons so you can see the ground fire DoTs.

I believe that the new update Imperial City is also reducing the fire damage for Vampires.

Since you can be cured at any time, you can always try it and if it doesn't work out, switch to WW.
    Mostly agree with this.

If nothing else, I try it out and see where it takes me. :)

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of the damage spells Templars have are good for leveling up. Puncturing Strikes, Spear Shards, Sun Shield, Sun fire are just a few of the many available. The link below is a great place to check out all the spells to see what they do and what not. It gives more information on them and also shows everything on one page so you don't have to go to each skill line in the game.

http://elderscrollsonline.info/templar
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Suisyo
    Suisyo
    ✭✭
    I'm also pretty certain I read that in the upcoming updates that drop with the Imperial City dlc, they're planning on lowering the fire damage to Vampires from 40% to 25%. This could obviously be changed or removed completely from their update before it drops but it might be something to take into consideration.
    Altmer Templar & Bosmer Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact
    Xbox One - NA