The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to gear my healer

DarthSeverus394
Im new to the game and this is my first playthrough. Vet rank 1 breton templar healer and I need advice for gear for end game content such as trials, vet dungeons, pvp, etc. What is the best fear setup to run and how do I get such gear. Im guessing 5 light 2 heavy but which pieces specifically and where do they drop?
  • namelessone
    If youre on NA Ebonheart my guild can help out. Im a healer as well vet 10. Personally the gear ill be using is 5 healers habit and 4 martial knowledge and torugs pact chest & weaps. Thats my goal for now. THere are other builds that feature wormcult, seducer, magnus, warlock, etc. It depends on your play style really

psn someonesly
    Edited by namelessone on July 31, 2015 10:20PM
  • DarthSeverus394
    Are you on ps4?
  • LowOnTheTrack
    If you are a passive healer that mainly does attacks here and there what set would you recommend? She is mainly Magicka/Health with over 1k magicka regen. Not sure if this info helps but based off that play style which set would be viable?

LowOnTheTrack -- PS4 NA VR Sorc
  • OhItsReckt
    OhItsReckt
    ✭✭
    If you're on PS4, feel free to give x_MERC_EM_x a message, and I will definitely help you out.
  • dreamfarer
    dreamfarer
    ✭✭✭
    For a VR1 Healer, you're just fine to go with crafted sets.

Seducers and Magnus are two of the most common/best options there and are craftable at 3 and 4 traits respectively.

2 Heavy, 5 Light is a pretty typical configuration to work with too, but I like to do the following:

5 Light w/ Casting set bonus
    2 Light w/ Casting set bonus
    2 Heavy w/ HP and Armor bonus (Death's Wind is good for this at 2 traits to craft)
    1 Staff with Casting bonus
    1 Staff with HP and Armor bonus

The idea here is to have 2 sets of gear

- A "Full healing" set that's all light and all casting focused, which will also yield good DPS for when you're not in a dangerous environment and
    - A "Tough healing" set that's got the heavier armor and more hp for when you're in a dungeon or somewhere else that you're likely to be hit with more painful attacks.

The one thing you can't get from crafting is your jewelry. For that, especially at VR1, I'd search the Guild traders for a neck and two rings with the Warlock set on them. Extra Magicka and Magicka regen never hurt a healer ever.

Also, remember that you can re-enchant your jewelry and that currently Spell Cost Reduction is noticeably more useful than Magicka Recovery.
  • DarthSeverus394
    Awesome. Thanks for the insight and being so specific.
  • kylerjalen
    kylerjalen
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Breton Templar VR14 that is running a five set of Twice Born Star light armor with the Mage and Atronach stones running. The other two pieces are one medium and one heavy of the Seducer. All armor pieces are enchanted for magicka. Running Staff of Seducer with recover magicka. Three pieces of jewellery are all Healer's Habit (luckily) with all arcane and enchanted with reduce magicka cost. The Healers Habit items I had to really search for over a couple of weeks but once I got them, they made a significant difference from typical reduce magicka cost enchant items. Between the skills I have slotted and a V10 blue recovery drink, I can basically spam the hell out of a lot of healing abilities.
  • cosack_falx
    hello, i have an vr 14 healer too breton:P
    my gear is like this: 5 healer(accs+boots+shoulders), 4 eye of mara (shirt+pants+gloves+belt) head + resto staff torug set
    or head mara for 12% reduction resto abilities + master heal staff(if u lucky to find it) i use 4 armors nirn too
    i can heal any trial, dungeon, pve, pvp...
    Edited by cosack_falx on August 5, 2015 6:17AM
  • DarthSeverus394
    They sound like cool and efficient setups guys but im more looking on where and how to attain this gear now.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use 5 healers habit, necklace, rings, shoes and epualets along with 5 seducer. With the jewelry you can get both 5 item set bonuses. Also use the Ritual Mundus stone with reduce magicka cost on the jewelry and you can pretty much heal anything.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • namelessone
    Yes Im on PS4 I never got the notification.. I am personally going to run 5 healers/Martial Knowledge/Torug combo or Seducer, healer torug combo I just havent decided yet. There are multiple sets that are useful though