The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Friend not showing up in "Friends" section of social AFTER patch

NJxRINZLER
After the patch, one of my friend's gamertags is not showing up in the Friends section under social, when all my other friends are. He is having the same issue with my gamertag not showing up in his? We're still friends on xbox dashboard though. Why are we getting this issue after the patch? We're obviously not able to play together now.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Did he previously show up under your Friends list before this patch?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • NJxRINZLER
    Yes, use to play all the time and showed up in friend prior to patch.
  • NJxRINZLER
    He is having the same problem in regards to me as well on his end.
  • NJxRINZLER
    Tried joining him through Xbox dashboard and it said character not found within the game window. Didn't have this problem pre patch
  • NJxRINZLER
    I'm seeing many others experiencing this on the forum. You guys working on a fix? Also yesterday I had 0 friends. Later they were back but the one friend I've been talking about is still missing.
  • NJxRINZLER
    Bump
  • NJxRINZLER
    Anything?
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did figure out that the only friends that show up on my list is when both me and the other person have each other as friends.

If I friend someone and they do not friend me back, they will not be in my friends list in the game.

To check, on the XB1 see if the person you added as a friend is a follower of you.

Hope this helps .....
  • Nerdinreallife
    Nerdinreallife
    Soul Shriven
    I found that making a change to my friends corrected the issue for me. (removed a friend that hasn't been online in about a year), all my friends refreshed after that.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found that making a change to my friends corrected the issue for me. (removed a friend that hasn't been online in about a year), all my friends refreshed after that.

@Nerdinreallife .... Do you have friends in your list that are not followers of you?
  • Cloud9TN
    Cloud9TN
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem. If I manually type name in group add screen it works.