Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Question on Mage's Guild Quest progression.

Uriel_Nocturne
Uriel_Nocturne
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
My wife is playing through the mage's Guild quest line.

She's only level 12, but is loving playing her Sorcerer. But she's hit a point where she's finished the guild quests that she had, and wants to progress further, but no new Quests are forthcoming.

So I was wondering, are there certain prerequisites for the mage's guild before she gets notified that she has a new Quest?

Is it like the Harborage quests where she only gets a new one every five levels? Or is there something else that she needs to do before she gets a new Quest. She is at the point where she has found the books, burned them, talked to Shalidor, and then had Sheogorath reprimand her for killing his "puppy". lol

She's waiting for the chick to decode the first book, but it doesn't seem to be progressing with that decoding.

What do we need to do to push this along (if anything)?

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• ForgottenHeretic
    I don't know if its every 5 levels like the main quest but it does seem to be the case that you get a new quest every couple of levels, same with the fighters guild
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the answer.

I kinda figured it was like the Fighters Guild, but I never really paid much attention to my levels and compared it to when a messenger from the FG would show up.

They'd just kind of show up and I'd go do the quest... lol

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be tied to the amount of Lore Books that she has found. But I think it has more to do with what zones she can get to.

Now, my first two characters did not do the Mages Quests until they were almost VR Ranked (and this was before scaling) and my latest character did and finished Mages before she hit L30 (I think it was L28 when I finished). But I do remember having to go to the next zone to get the quest. Although sometimes they would tell me in the previous zone to go the next zone. But I was collecting Lore Books like made as I finally loaded that addon (did not have it for the first two characters)

So, tell her to find Lore books (blue glow) and gain access to the next zone somehow (sometimes you can just walk there)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We'll keep that in mind. :)

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    It may be tied to the amount of Lore Books that she has found. But I think it has more to do with what zones she can get to.

Now, my first two characters did not do the Mages Quests until they were almost VR Ranked (and this was before scaling) and my latest character did and finished Mages before she hit L30 (I think it was L28 when I finished). But I do remember having to go to the next zone to get the quest. Although sometimes they would tell me in the previous zone to go the next zone. But I was collecting Lore Books like made as I finally loaded that addon (did not have it for the first two characters)

So, tell her to find Lore books (blue glow) and gain access to the next zone somehow (sometimes you can just walk there)

It is actually tied to the amount of lorebooks.
    You level up the mages guild by reading lorebooks. Once you gain a level you get the next quest in the guild. The final one is at rank 5. Despite on the moment you gain the level, the quests change per map. so the first is in the first map. the second in the second, and the fifth in the fifth map.

If using a pc, you can use the addon "lorebooks" to get them to display on the map, which makes it a lot easier to not miss any off them.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • ForgottenHeretic
    Hmmm this I did not know, but good for alternate characters