Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Creating ESO: Arboretum District"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Creating ESO: Arboretum District."

The Imperial City is coming to The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited! Learn about the creation of the much anticipated zone in our latest article.
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    During our internal employee playtests, however, we found that our early iterations featured too many quests. It was to the point where it was fairly difficult to know what was going on with the overall story—and we're the ones who developed the content! We ended up reducing the number of quests to seven, which allowed for us to focus on telling the tale of what has happened to the Imperial City in a clear way while giving each district its own distinct story.
    You guys are breaking my heart.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During our internal employee playtests, however, we found that our early iterations featured too many quests. It was to the point where it was fairly difficult to know what was going on with the overall story—and we're the ones who developed the content! We ended up reducing the number of quests to seven, which allowed for us to focus on telling the tale of what has happened to the Imperial City in a clear way while giving each district its own distinct story.

If I'm not mistaken those are the zone quest plus the final. After I completed these I've noticed more quest around and about.
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    TheBull wrote: »

If I'm not mistaken those are the zone quest plus the final. After I completed these I've noticed more quest around and about.
    Yeah, six dailies. Bit of a consolation prize
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You turned off leashing! Now just turn it off in the rest of the game please ;) And make those darn mobs go everywhere!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    You turned off leashing! Now just turn it off in the rest of the game please ;) And make those darn mobs go everywhere!

Actually, that would be awful due to griefers and low lifes bringing in trains of 50 mobs into towns just to troll people. I like it in single player games or in the unique IC zone, but it would be a nightmare in the rest of the (PvE) game.
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

+1 This. :'(

Any chance of us finding out more about what quests were cut?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder_III wrote: »
    nimander99 wrote: »

Actually, that would be awful due to griefers and low lifes bringing in trains of 50 mobs into towns just to troll people. I like it in single player games or in the unique IC zone, but it would be a nightmare in the rest of the (PvE) game.

Be nice if they adjusted leashing on guards in cyrodil keeps so they wouldn't stop attacking unless their target leaves the keep entirely.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meet the new content, same as the old content.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • TeamGizzy
    TeamGizzy
    ✭✭✭
    More quests please.
    Baskin Robins always finds out.....