Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Yellow Light- Speed Boost?

Lastation
Lastation
Sometimes, I'd consider it randomly, I don't know where it originates from, my character starts glowing in a yellow light and I temporarily get a speed boost. Can someone tell me what this is and how I get it?
Newbie, forced to ask stupid questions.
  • Toomdad
    Toomdad
    ✭✭✭
    Rapid maneuvers which is the first skill unlocked in one of the PVP skill lines.
  • Lastation
    Lastation
    I haven't started with pvp so far. And it starts while not using any skills. Thats why I'm wondering. I may just be riding my horse and suddenly i get a speed boost or I can simply be waiting and not doing anything.
  • Toomdad
    Toomdad
    ✭✭✭
    It's got an area effect on it so if you're within X meters of the caster you'll get it too. It's a pretty big speed boost so many people are using it outside of PVP as well. I use it when I'm going back to an area hunting skyshards or missed delves.
  • Lastation
    Lastation
    @toomdad you were right, I'm sorry. But dont you have to activate it somehow?
  • Toomdad
    Toomdad
    ✭✭✭
    Just the caster, you just happened to be near to the person doing the casting. You could be in your "bags" and suddenly you'll notice your weapons getting unsheathed, that's probably because someone cast rapid maneuvers near you.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lastation wrote: »
    But dont you have to activate it somehow?
    No, it's an AOE. If you are close to the caster, you will get the effect as well.

Just as a side note, all my 8 chars went through the PvP introduction quest in Cyrodiil the moment they hit level 10. Rapid Maneuver is one of those PvP skills that comes in really handy in PvE and you can unlock it right after the PvP introduction quest at level 10.
    smile.gif
  • Lastation
    Lastation
    Ok thanks for the answers guys :)