The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

There needs a mercy rule or add a pve mode for cyrodiil

xboxone1Q
xboxone1Q
✭✭✭
I'm on the pact side only group and we lose every campaign. When you look at the map Normally daggerfall or dominion has everything on the map, then you see that there side is full of players and the pact is less than 1/4. That is why they need a mercy rule to keep it balanced what does daggerfall or dominion have to gain when they have EVERYTHING on the map? The rule should be if a group has everything on the map they can't spawn in until the other alliance takes 1 or 2 areas to keep it balanced and keep the battle going. Or add a pve area for cyrodiil where we don't have this problem and not have to deal with domeniting alliances.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why go to a pvp area to pve? The mercy rule would be stupid, you would be.locking out hundreds of players (for potentially huge amounts of time as it could take hours for the losing faction to take a keep).

You can't just exclude people like that, change your campaign if you don't like the one you're on?

Or don't go into a pvp area if you don't want to be killed.
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    A large part of the reason EP keeps losing, is there are too many PVE players pop locking the server and not contributing to capturing keeps/killing players.

I don't have a solution for this, other than, pick a different campaign until that one gets pop locked by PVE players as-well.
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your best bet is getting out of there and finding a better balanced campaign. Using terms like "Mercy" in PVP threads is going to attract trolls.
    Edited by Dru1076 on July 30, 2015 10:43PM
    Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDemon wrote: »
    A large part of the reason EP keeps losing, is there are too many PVE players pop locking the server and not contributing to capturing keeps/killing players.

I don't have a solution for this, other than, pick a different campaign until that one gets pop locked by PVE players as-well.

True that. High population. Not a single pact is fighting. Oh the joys
  • Dan198Zero
    The maps should reset every time it ends. This is a fair way to keep the game balanced. Also it gives the larger side something to capture at the start of each campaign.
    PSN- Dan198Zero
    VR14- DK Vampire- Ebonheart Pact
  • HobnailedBoots
    HobnailedBoots
    ✭✭✭
    No. No, no, no, a thousand time no. They've already watered it down enough for those of you who can't learn how to do it right. It's not supposed to be a cake walk.
  • FilthyMudcrabs
    FilthyMudcrabs
    ✭✭✭
    Get stronger and you won't have to worry about PVP players interrupting your PVE experience - They'll just be another mob to kill.
    Saw a mudcrab the other day. Dreadful creatures.
  • lolzbuckets
    lolzbuckets
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to PvE, find a campaign with low populations. Or, better yet, do the PvE content. There's a crapload of it.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You shame that which is the pact
  • GideonxJura
    Move to a different campaign. Thornblade always has EP dominating.
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    From my limited knowledge, I think it;s a bunch of EP players coming into Cyrodil and not contributing, just running around doing quests and looking for ore and all the rest. Us PVPers should have a mercy rule that only lets in players that are going to do something.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No mercy. No quarter. Come to Cyrodiil and expect to be fair game.
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're red you're dead
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like I don't expect to go to a PvE zone and player kill I don't expect to go to the PvP zone and be left alone. That you desire to complete all content is your problem. Accept the risk the zone presents. You can minimize this by going to a campaign dominated by your faction...simple.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's odd that a PvP zone has so many PvE quests isn't it? These are high level quests that are quick to do offer decent xp and for completionist achievements. It is unfortunate that for people looking to do these quests that theyare still counted toward the pop cap, but is the solution?

I enjoy the excitement of running around doing these quests, never knowing when or if I will run into enemy soldiers. Sometimes we ket each other pass and other times we fight to the death.

Maybe they could code a flag that enables a player to be neutral and not count for the pop cap. Of course you would not be able to unflag until you log out or it will get crazy. Could juzt make PvE vetsions of cyrodil, but that sounds like a lot of work making AI soldiers fighting all the time.

Unfortunately theres not a lot the players can do. It will attract PvE people because its soloable high level content and there is no where else you can do that since Craglorn is group content.