The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Is Voice Chat Completely Broken Now or Just for Me??

Xulienne
Xulienne
So the voice chat has always been an issue. Wonky as all get out from day one. But today is a fresh hell. The buttons aren't working. I press square to leave the guild channel only to have the count down timer continuously refresh itself. Same thing when I try to bypass leaving a channel and go straight to joining one.

And besides the above:

PLEASE GIVE US THE ABILITY TO LEAVE CHAT ALTOGETHER AND STAY THAT WAY UNTIL WE CHOOSE TO RE-JOIN!!
  • Adamsy
    Adamsy
    Xulienne wrote: »
    So the voice chat has always been an issue. Wonky as all get out from day one. But today is a fresh hell. The buttons aren't working. I press square to leave the guild channel only to have the count down timer continuously refresh itself. Same thing when I try to bypass leaving a channel and go straight to joining one.

And besides the above:

PLEASE GIVE US THE ABILITY TO LEAVE CHAT ALTOGETHER AND STAY THAT WAY UNTIL WE CHOOSE TO RE-JOIN!!

same happened to me today also. And i second the motion for opting out of chat altogether until you want to re join of your own accord.
  • srs121
    srs121
    ✭✭
    If you are having issues with anything, try the following

1. Log out, then back in
    2. Close and restart the application
    3. Hold down the shut off button on the ps4 til it beeps 2 times. (This will clear cache). Then restart your game.

Hopefully this helped.
    Interested in joining a PvE focused clan? Feel free to contact me.

Alliance : Aldmeri Dominion
    Platform : Playstation 4
    PSN : srs121
    Server : North American
  • wormfudge
    wormfudge
    ✭✭✭
    Lol. Do you work for ZoS? No... No you don't.

Are you a playstation tech? Doubtable.

So why are you offering your little hotfixes?

This is an error that needs addressed (by the devs), because the constant beeping of entering a chat channel every five seconds is the tip of an already turd colored ice burg. Icing on a crud cake. I love this game, seriously, but you guys sure did replace that game ruining camo huntet exploit with some funky broken codes. Or maybe its just busted servers, but I didn't have this many issues until your last update. It's really ridiculous.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not platform specific... Seen it on XBOXONE two days ago.

I suspect it's a server problem. Closing and restarting the app is actually decent advice, if it's server based (happened to me while getting zerged disconnected in Cyrodill). Cleared a day later on login.
  • wormfudge
    wormfudge
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. I lead a guild so it always puts me into that guild chat at login, which in turn kicks me out, back n forth back n forth. I actually even reinstalled application data and cleared application save and its still busted.

The only fix Ive found is entering a group, entering the group chat and area chat to automatically displace me from guild chat, which fixes. Honestly, Ive only had issue with the guild chats.