Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Crafting certificate + dailies crafting quests?

Chieve
Chieve
✭✭✭
On a scale of 1-10, how good is it? Is it worth getting?

Does it give skill points towards your crafting skill? Does it level your crafting skill 100% or partially? Do you get back the items you made for the quest in the first place?
Please vote in the console text chat thread so ZoS can see how many people want text chat

...and dueling in the dueling thread but personally I want text chat first...
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't give you skill points, but it does give you xp in that skill line when you turn in the dailies. Even after you have leveled though, I think it is still worth it as you get a chance to get 1. surveys taking you to a mini-stockpile of materials to gather, which can be good when you get the right plants, or enchanting, etc. and 2. turning in the dailies gives you a chance of getting a gold mat as a reward, which for me, alone makes it worth it.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    There is no down side to getting certified in a particular craft. If you are planning on leveling a craft anyway, the daily crafting writs are worth it because the help you level up faster.

The crafting writs do not give you skill points toward your crafting skill. Every time you do a writ it helps level your crafting skill, but no single writ will level you 100%. You do not get the items back that you made for the writ. As quest rewards you get money, crafting mats, gear, and for most crafts a chance of survey reports (a map that shows you the location of high producing crafting nodes).
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    At the VR levels, you can get nirnhoned stuff (possible) from the survey locations for blacksmithing. This is what I have been told. Can anybody validate this?