Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Templar Magicka DPS Build Help?

Pink_Violinz
Pink_Violinz
✭✭✭✭✭
My templar was my first character and as a result I messed her up a bit. When I went to fix her, I feel like I did more harm than good. Again. My first bar is as follows:
Puncturing Sweep (Basic Damage)
Vampire's Bane (Ranged)
Toppling Charge (Closing the Gap)
Breath of Life (Nice, quick health)
Blazing Spear (Have always used it, basic damage)

My second bar is currently a disaster. I wish for it to be ranged, although it is still for debate.

Since my char is a Breton, I did not want to do any stamina. My main bar is dual weilding axes, which were planned to be part of the Torug's set. My armor is a mix of warlock and seducer, a mix of light and heavy. She's also a werewolf. I really want to have her as a nice pvp char, but I can barely make it through pve and am worried how she'll fare against someone not automated.

Does anyone know a nice build (minus the Dawn's Champion)
I SERIOUSLY do not wish to return to being the squishy healer/hybrid/idiot who can't solo whatsoever.
I wish to use something other than a staff for my main, seeing as that's what I did previously.
  • LukeHorton2
    I would replace vampire's bane with dark flare from the dawns wrath for range (much better range attack). Also what is your weapon choice?
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently dual wielding axes. That can be changed to whatever, seeing as I enjoy two handers and would not mind sword and shield.
    Edited by Pink_Violinz on August 5, 2015 5:27AM
  • LukeHorton2
    I would use shield charge for sword and board or critical charge for two handed. Also if you can unlock radiant destruction put it as your finisher over blazing spear because your charge will knock them down.
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would use shield charge for sword and board or critical charge for two handed. Also if you can unlock radiant destruction put it as your finisher over blazing spear because your charge will knock them down.
    I'm still working on radiant destruction.
    Any ideas for the armors? I love heavy, although medium is fine. I was thinking of mixing light with another weight, but am still up in the air about that. I have plans to obtain the Engine Guardian end game, but the rest of the armor/sets are still for debate.
    Edited by Pink_Violinz on August 5, 2015 5:38AM
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a lvl 30 Templar build that works really well. I took some inspiration from jabsmania build and the omega build from deltia. Using 5 light 2 heavy armor combo which helps with magicka bonuses and survivability.

Puncturing strikes - your bread and butter. Heals while it hits. Aoe cone attack. If you keep moving around the group chances are you will cc each mob you take, regardless of group number.

Structured entropy - buff for spell damage.

Blazing shield - shield that hits back. This is also a utility slot. Can use focused charge, blade cloak for Mobility, critical charge for gap closing, force pulse or breath of life ( though putting heals on this spot is a waste since you are already healing with puncturing strikes.

Reflective light - this is a spell critical buff that you use as an opener. It snares, giving you just enough time to run in and spam puncturing strikes.

Purifying light - this is for single target bosses, which you basically use in groups or even by your self. Ive had times when I cast this on a low health boss and when it releases, hits like a mac truck. Plus it heals in melee range which you will be.

Crescent sweep for the ultimate. Allows you to be more mobile. You can also use meteor but unless you are already heading deep into the mages guild that takes a while to get.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!