Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Best Set Armor for Nightblade?

MexicanMurrican
Hi, all! I run a Kajiit Nightblade (using Shadow and Assassin abilities). She runs full medium armor (I'd be willing to look at Heavy). I was curious what Set Armours would be best for her to run. I know Night's Silence is very highly suggested.
NA PS4 Megaserver - MexicanMurrican - Dunmer Nightblade [EP], Khajiit Nightblade [AD]
Thunderbird - Guild Leader
"Diplomacy is the art of lying for your alliance."
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    There isn't a one on one direct answer.
    there are two things that matter in eso.
    1: chooses in build have limited effect (so you can't go very wrong nor very good)
    2: it is important to have balance in your stats.

Another thing important is to decide for what you want to use a setup. A pvp build is very different as a solo-pve setup. For dungeon another setup is yet again optimal.

Night silence gives a lot of things typically needed for your setup. But as kahjiit and medium armor (and possibly mundus setup) does the same, it might be too much and it might be that you need more weapon critical (e.g. hundings rage).

I would advice to look at your entire build and see what you actually need.

edit: a lil tidbit I wanted to share as an example. I'm a VR3 DK tank. While doing gold pledges for the first time as a tank I noticed that all in all my setup was pretty good, but some blasts where too heavy while the healer had no issue keeping me alive without running out of magicka. So I looked at the size of these blasts and saw they where 24k. I could boost my health by changing my drink with health recovery (to help lessen the strain on the healer) for some food that give extra health. This way I could survive the blasts and that ment the healer could heal the lost damage.
    That is a way you should look to your setup as well.
    Edited by Ranique on August 3, 2015 4:12PM
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • MexicanMurrican
    I prefer to do PvE, but occasionally PVP and Dungeons. It would be mainly a PvE setup.

My current attribute dist. is 10 in Health, all others in Stamina. That may get switched around soon to more in Health.
    I can give a better picture of this when I'm in front of my game (Skill point dist., etc.).
    NA PS4 Megaserver - MexicanMurrican - Dunmer Nightblade [EP], Khajiit Nightblade [AD]
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer to do PvE, but occasionally PVP and Dungeons. It would be mainly a PvE setup.

My current attribute dist. is 10 in Health, all others in Stamina. That may get switched around soon to more in Health.
    I can give a better picture of this when I'm in front of my game (Skill point dist., etc.).

My point is that it isn't an easy question that can be answered directly.
    You got some fixed variables (race, class) and a lot of other variables. My edit was ment to illustrate how you can see (by looking at your stats under "C" what you need. After that it is also important to look at how you can get what you need. Changing a mundus effect or food is cheaper than changing attributes and skills. All has to be in balance so championpoints, attributes, mundus, etc. So it is not that I can look at stats and say you need go this or that. You can copy a ready made build from the internet, but if you don't you need to find your own balance. So look at the numbers, and see what you miss or can improve when fighting.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • MTibbs89
    MTibbs89
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely suggest Night's Silence. I have a Khajiit Nightblade who is in full medium armor. She has 5 pieces of Night's Silence and 4 pieces (including daggers) Torug's Pact for health and damage boost. With the passives that increase sneak capabilities (decrease detection range and stamina cost) and an upgrade to one of the (I think- someone correct me if I am wrong) Shadow abilities, which makes you sneak ~25% faster, adding to that Night's Silence bonus, you can almost sprint while sneaking, but it costs WAY less than actual sprinting-- you can go for a good long time-- and it is, obviously, more useful than sprinting.

Just my two cents. Someone else probably has a better suggestion.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, all! I run a Kajiit Nightblade (using Shadow and Assassin abilities). She runs full medium armor (I'd be willing to look at Heavy). I was curious what Set Armours would be best for her to run. I know Night's Silence is very highly suggested.

When selecting an armor set, I take all the armor and jewelery off of my character and loot at their naked stats. Then I pick sets that give a boost where it is needed. This can either build up something that is lacking or it can build up something that is already buffed but can use some more. Of course it all depends on your playstyle.

For example a Critical Strike rating of 50% is good for a NB, and easily reachable with certain gear like Dual Wield Daggers. Once there, I look to other factors to buff, like perhaps Health or Stamina or Weapon Damage. But, this all depends on your playstyle.

For me, my NB is a Burst Damage Dealer who Crits on the first strike from Stealth and hopefully or nearly one shots the first mob. This is so I can take down other mob once the first is dead. Health regen is an issue for this class, but buffing Health Regen is not the best way to fix it, being able to kill the other mobs before they can kill you might be better.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Suisyo
    Suisyo
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

When selecting an armor set, I take all the armor and jewelery off of my character and loot at their naked stats. Then I pick sets that give a boost where it is needed. This can either build up something that is lacking or it can build up something that is already buffed but can use some more. Of course it all depends on your playstyle.

Damn, this is a really good idea. I never considered this before but it sounds like a very smart way to decide what you need to improve your character. Thank you for the tip. ^.~
    Altmer Templar & Bosmer Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact
    Xbox One - NA
  • MexicanMurrican
    @Ranique, I understand.

And thanks @MTibbs89 and @Nestor for your suggestions. Especially the Jewelry removal tip.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a dual wield Nightblade I like medium armor for its stamina and crit passives...

5 pieces of Hunding's Rage.
    •(2 items) Adds 4% Weapon Critical
    •(3 items) Adds Max Stamina
    •(4 items) Adds 4% Weapon Critical
    •(5 items) Hunding's Rage: Increase Weapon Damage by [x]

4 piece Night's Silence.
    •(2 items) Adds Max Stamina
    •(3 items) Adds Stamina Recovery
    •(4 items) Adds 4% Weapon Critical

Most Nightblades use dual wield and bow so I make one dagger Hunding's the other Night's Silence so when flipping to bow they retain all the Hunding's bonus stats.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 peices hunding's rage 3 pieces ashen grip IMO if you're looking for craft-able armor. Or like the post above states hunding's and night's silence. If duel wield you can add another piece. There are some cyrodiil rings that add weapon damage too Not sure the name but im looking to add those to my build also
    Edited by Sithisvoid on August 3, 2015 8:11PM
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also a Khajiit NB and I won't wear any armor that's not crafted with Night's Silence. Not only are the stamina buffs excellent, the best attribute of the armor is 0 cost to stamina sneak, which is extremely helpful for those guaranteed crit hits on stealth. However, you need to have 4 skills learned for each piece of armor you wish to craft (5 of the 7 total).

I wear medium armor as well, simply because it just looks cool. More importantly are the buffs I get from wearing a complete set of medium armor. There's only one skill set which caters to heavy armor, but that's it. Not worth it to me.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all do realize that once Update 1.7 comes out... both Torug and Ashen Grip are having their Weapon Damage and Spell Damage greatly reduced... in fact, Torug has lost it's Weapon Damage altogether, it is now "Spell Resistance". Kinda sucks, but now makes using these specifically for those stats is worthless after the update.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****