Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Adroitness set or Warlock set for a High Elf vamp sorc

MerlinGambino
I'm currently a V3 player, with a High Elf vamp magicka build.
I have a purple V1 robe of Adroitness and just the shoes to go with it. Last night I found a blue V1 robe of the Warlock and also have 3 other Warlock pieces equipped. As a mainly PvE player should I look for more pieces for the Adroitness set or should the Warlock set be okay until I get to V5?
MageLife
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    The warlock set looks a lot like the seducer set (except for the 5th piece). Adroitness looks like the Magnus set.

Are these sets really that much better than making your own?

BTW, which set is the one you feel is helping you out more. I am running a seducer set with hist bark for helping me survive (I am level 46). The seducer set has (what looks like) the same magica recovery as the warlock set and the 5 piece gives you a spell reduction cost.
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For 5 set bonus, Androitness is better than Warlock easily.

That being said, the advantage of Warlock is it has neck and rings, so you can get a 3 set bonus from jewelry alone. Androitness has neck but I don't think there are rings, at vet levels at least.

I'd probably sell the Androitness pieces because it's far more likely you'll get 1 more warlock piece for the set bonus before VR4/5, than you will 3 more Androitness pieces
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • Tomsy
    Tomsy
    for low lvl vet, an easy setup to run for pvp/pve sorc is 5 v1 warlock(3 jewellery 2 armor)/4 magnus/2 torugs pact (1 weapon and 1 armor piece) all light. it wont be best for pve dps but will work fine until you get more options
    Edited by Tomsy on August 3, 2015 9:05PM
  • MerlinGambino
    Pyro117 wrote: »
    The warlock set looks a lot like the seducer set (except for the 5th piece). Adroitness looks like the Magnus set.

BTW, which set is the one you feel is helping you out more. I am running a seducer set with hist bark for helping me survive (I am level 46). The seducer set has (what looks like) the same magica recovery as the warlock set and the 5 piece gives you a spell reduction cost.

I've never been much into crafting, at this point it would take a while too even be able to craft armor for my level I'm still working with jute. I feel like I have way more magicka recovery with this warlock set now, I'll probably just stick with this until I hit V5
    MageLife
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    Pyro117 wrote: »

I've never been much into crafting, at this point it would take a while too even be able to craft armor for my level I'm still working with jute. I feel like I have way more magicka recovery with this warlock set now, I'll probably just stick with this until I hit V5

The leveling part wouldn't take too long honestly, but the researching all the traits so you could build the sets would. If you are in a guild, somebody there should be able to build sets for you. I know the guild I am in has fully researched crafters that would be able to build anything (they came over from the PC).
  • deathscythe
    deathscythe
    ✭✭
    Join a decent guild. Most trade Guilds will have someone that is a master crafter.

You may want to account on if you are eating food or not to get a bigger pool of resources. bigger pool would help with DPS while the recovery will help with sustain.

It does come down to how you want to play. Solo/group, PVE/PVP, etc